• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2020 In Service Selection Commissioning Competitions (CFRP, UTPNCM, SCP, CEOTP)

Have you considered u of m. They grant credits for military qualification. I got 9 credit hours for being avn . They have hours for PLQ and tons of other military courses. If you’d like I can post the link to the website!

Just quickly did it again, for being a PLQ mcpl avn I am granted 21 credit hours. I highly suggest checking it out as it may cut off a semester for your degree!!!

hitchy_11 said:
Just quickly did it again, for being a PLQ mcpl avn I am granted 21 credit hours. I highly suggest checking it out as it may cut off a semester for your degree!!!

Well if I have 6 so far maybe I can get another 6 for being ACS. I sure hope so! The link would be great, thank you!

hitchy_11 said:
https://umextended.ca/military-support/
Scroll down to the step 1 icon and that will let you play around with the courses and credits available. If you decide to apply all you do is contact their support personnel, send them your mprr and they give you a PLAR.

I would also suggest searching on their website for the PAPM. It’s a post bacc in aerospace program management. I have the certificate and highly recommend it. Looks great for someone whom is working in aviation and it’s honestly the most interesting course I’ve ever taken.

Hope all this can help someone out !!!

I don’t want to be the one bursting your optimism but the MPRR credited courses at UoM only count towards electives. They don’t count for the UTPNCM application requirement. 

They want those 4 courses completed within the last 10 years. That’s to prove you can first get accepted into a university and study almost for a full semester successfully.

Cardinal177 said:
I don’t want to be the one bursting your optimism but the MPRR credited courses at UoM only count towards electives. They don’t count for the UTPNCM application requirement. 

They want those 4 courses completed within the last 10 years. That’s to prove you can first get accepted into a university and study almost for a full semester successfully.

Does the UTPNCM competition say where the credits have to come from? I thought all it said was 2 full time courses or 4 semester-length courses (3 credits each, totalling 12 credits).

On another note, hopefully someone hears something next week.

hitchy_11 said:
Scroll down to the step 1 icon and that will let you play around with the courses and credits available. If you decide to apply all you do is contact their support personnel, send them your mprr and they give you a PLAR.

I would also suggest searching on their website for the PAPM. It’s a post bacc in aerospace program management. I have the certificate and highly recommend it. Looks great for someone whom is working in aviation and it’s honestly the most interesting course I’ve ever taken.

Hope all this can help someone out !!!

Sadly I don't see ACS Tech on their list of trades but I can always give them a call and see what they say. Also, I'll be meeting with the BPSO in the coming weeks so I'll discuss that with him.

Drallib said:
Does the UTPNCM competition say where the credits have to come from? I thought all it said was 2 full time courses or 4 semester-length courses (3 credits each, totalling 12 credits).

On another note, hopefully someone hears something next week.

I’m speaking of experience and that’s how it got explained to me by my PSO.

Hoping too you share with us some exciting news next week.

Cardinal177 said:
I’m speaking of experience and that’s how it got explained to me by my PSO.

Hoping too you share with us some exciting news next week.

Now that I think about it, what you're saying makes sense. They'd like to see they that you're capable of passing school at a university level.

I already had an ILP in for FY18/19 and just amended it. I know funding is down but I hope they at least approve it. If not, I'll just bite the bullet. Yay school.

It's nice to have others in here passing on information and encouraging each other through the process.

Found this on ACIMS

Given the current Covid-19 Situation, most of the Occupation Transfer Selection Boards have been postponed to a later date. However, some specifics programs that involved subsidized education programs (NCM-STEP, UTPNCM, MMTP, MLTP) have occurred or will be occurring soon. Selected members are expected to receive their offer via their civilian email address. If a member is not selected for one of the subsidized education programs mentioned above, a non-selection message will be sent at a later date.

I just read a Word document on DWAN (airforce.mil site) and it's titled "Pilot Council Open Action Items
09 Dec 2019" and for year 2018/19, 2. k) it says "Proscriptive CEOTP".

After googling the definition of "Proscriptive" it looks like they want to scrap CEOTP. Not sure if this is internal or external though.

Backlog of Pilot BTL requires significant reductions in Pilot recruiting (already started in FY19/20).

Total intake
16/17: 152
17/18: 134
18/19: 145
19/20: 106
20/21: 85
21/22: 62
22/23: 70
23/24: 100

Drallib said:
I just read a Word document on DWAN (airforce.mil site) and it's titled "Pilot Council Open Action Items
09 Dec 2019" and for year 2018/19, 2. k) it says "Proscriptive CEOTP".

After googling the definition of "Proscriptive" it looks like they want to scrap CEOTP. Not sure if this is internal or external though.

The use of "proscriptive" here is meaning it's restrictive. Not scrapped. But they want to switch to Embry-Riddle Online Univeristy. This is not related to external I believe. But my most recent post shows they want to reduce intake all together. Looks like I'm going for UTPNCM for this years competition.

Has anyone heard anything about SCP offers being distributed? I applied for LOG-O and I know the Board sat in Feb but I haven't heard anything about offers other than UTPNCM.

JJBS said:
Has anyone heard anything about SCP offers being distributed? I applied for LOG-O and I know the Board sat in Feb but I haven't heard anything about offers other than UTPNCM.

Welcome to the forums JJBS. No, I haven't heard anything. Like you, I've only heard UTPNCM offers.

On Reddit I’ve read today that CFRP offers are resuming.

Good news for the recipient.

That's great to see a known subsidized education program resuming. Perhaps this is the beginning of all programs rolling out.

JJBS said:
That's great to see a known subsidized education program resuming. Perhaps this is the beginning of all programs rolling out.

I agree. Paid education plans will roll out first due to the administrative complexity. Even after seeing the RCAF SIP, I still have a small amount of hope.

(Once the CANFORGEN comes out for the new ISST, I'll make a new thread so that people with questions about the process can ask there)

Back