• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

Part of the problem is that we have a government that seldom answers questions put to them and a PM that has never answered a question on point ...
Having seen both Team Red and Team Blue PM's answer simple questions in the House with political barbs instead of a clear answer (often one provided for them by people in the system, but not used), it remains to be seen how PP would do in the same situation if/when he's PM. If we believe the polling to date, next election's his to lose, so as of right now, we'll likely see soon enough ...
... At least before they used to freely poach from each others campaign plans etc, which I think is great.
Or, if you go back far enough, get together with the other sides and come up with solutions everyone could live with on the most critical of issues.

Attlee vs Churchill - 5 July 1945
VE Day - 8 May 1945
VJ Day - 14 Aug 1945

It took a war to create a coalition. The coalition ended before the war did.

Our system is inherently adversarial. It is designed to work that way. Constantly testing.

If we are not arguing then we are easy prey for consensus authoritarians.

Adults can legally consent to a fight without bodily harm. So it’s an option.

So what you are saying is we can bring back dueling ?

I see a new way to attack the firearms legislation...

Jason Blum GIF by The Forever Purge

Dueling with simunition. What do ya think?

Or very small rocks.....

We are one in the same...

Having seen both Team Red and Team Blue PM's answer simple questions in the House with political barbs instead of a clear answer (often one provided for them by people in the system, but not used), it remains to be seen how PP would do in the same situation if/when he's PM. If we believe the polling to date, next election's his to lose, so as of right now, we'll likely see soon enough ...
That's fair and I won't try to predict the future. However, we're dealing with a clear and topical fault pursued by our current government. They are the current abusers and get the focus they deserve. PP's future style is just a hypothetical, trudeau and his governments actions are what is currently on the block. And they are doing a disservice to the country. When trudeau is asked a clear, point blank question, we are entitled to hear an answer specific to that question. Not some clearly preconstructed scree to demean and frame the questioner as a white extremist.

That's fair and I won't try to predict the future. However, we're dealing with a clear and topical fault pursued by our current government. They are the current abusers and get the focus they deserve. PP's future style is just a hypothetical, trudeau and his governments actions are what is currently on the block. And they are doing a disservice to the country. When trudeau is asked a clear, point blank question, we are entitled to hear an answer specific to that question. Not some clearly preconstructed scree to demean and frame the questioner as a white extremist.
Well said. Some folks here ain't getting it.

Reactions: QV
get together with the other sides and come up with solutions everyone could live with on the most critical of issues
Your fucking joking right? Trudeau isn't even cooperating with Jagmeet with their "supply and confidence" agreement.

The Trudeau government and party is the most divisive and polarizing party I have ever seen

Your fucking joking right? Trudeau isn't even cooperating with Jagmeet with their "supply and confidence" agreement.

The Trudeau government and party is the most divisive and polarizing party I have ever seen
I was referring to the oooooooooooooooooold days, when people wearing different coloured political jerseys could get together behind the scenes to hammer out solutions that would solve problems and that everyone could live with and defend. WAAAAAAY before current management ...

I was referring to the oooooooooooooooooold days, when people wearing different coloured political jerseys could get together behind the scenes to hammer out solutions that would solve problems and that everyone could live with and defend. WAAAAAAY before current management ...
Son, thats like the stone age. I think I just barely joined army.ca at that time. Or are we talking sooner? Like dial up internet sooner? Or manually change the dial on TVs sooner?

Son, thats like the stone age. I think I just barely joined army.ca at that time. Or are we talking sooner? Like dial up internet sooner? Or manually change the dial on TVs sooner?
Even before dial-up internet longer-ago .....

.... we're dealing with a clear and topical fault pursued by our current government. They are the current abusers and get the focus they deserve ...
True dat.
... PP's future style is just a hypothetical ...
For now, yes - so I hope he does better than other PM's in the past in answering questions in the House. Like those who predicted PMJT's performance/behaviour based on past events/behaviours, those more cynical than me might go with the motto of Canada's Army Cadets: "Acer Acerpori" (As the Maple, so the Sapling) - or the reverse: you can tell the tree from the sapling. We'll see ...

Last edited:
W.A.C/ Bennett would have tea in the Legislative cafeteria with my dad and his Grandparents. My Dad was a opposition NDP MLA at the time and I remember meeting W.A.C. Bennett. The theatre was kept to the House.

Back