• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

Did they really though ? Or is that just what they and their final stand supporters think and want you to think ?
I don’t fully understand your question.

Are they (the LPC) painting the CPC as anti Ukraine? Yes, yes they are.

Do they really think that? Possibly but likely not. Do they want people to think that? Of course they do.

Are we really supporting Ukraine, or just going through the motions with a penny-packet here, and a penny-packet there?

I don’t fully understand your question.

Are they (the LPC) painting the CPC as anti Ukraine? Yes, yes they are.

Do they really think that? Possibly but likely not. Do they want people to think that? Of course they do.

Sure they are saying it... That doesn't mean it's true or anyone believes them... Beyond their faithful lifer Liberals.

Did they really though ? Or is that just what they and their final stand supporters think and want you to think ?
To be fair, this is like ANY issue. I could just as easily ask whether PP actually didn't call the incident a terrorist attack or is that what his final stand supporters want people to think? That's the thing about politics: it's all in the eye of the beholder.

I've shared the words Hansard says PP said ...
... we just heard media reports about a terrorist attack at the border in Niagara. Two people may have been killed and a third injured. Can the Prime Minister give us any information about this terrorist attack? ...
... but everyone's read/mileage obviously varies, as it will. At least we can generally discuss it civilly like adults in these parts - unlike other bits of the social media-sphere.

All PP has to do to shut up the Liberals is do a quick visit to the Ukraine (press conference with the President) as the Leader of Canada's Loyal Opposition.

All PP has to do to shut up the Liberals is do a quick visit to the Ukraine (press conference with the President) as the Leader of Canada's Loyal Opposition.
So he can explain why he supports Ukraine, but not freer trade with Ukraine, all while not "being" the GoC? Interesting message dance, especially on the world stage.

I'm going to offer a different, impossibly idealistic potential off ramp ....

Remember the "old days", when parties would be able to oppose each other's work, but be able to get together via back channels to sort out a "meet in the middle" solution.

In this case, could there be a way to word the one line in question on a way that would allow:
1) Team Blue to say, "carbon pricing's off the table, so we're happy to see freer trade continue with Ukraine,"
2) Team Red to say, "we are happy to see continued freer trade with Ukraine while, at the same time, doing what we can with willing parties to help the environment," and
3) Ukraine to say, "happy to keep doing freer trade with Canada"?

If there was the willingness to meet in the middle on all sides (blue & red), could this be done?

I know, I know - dare to dream ....

So he can explain why he supports Ukraine, but not freer trade with Ukraine, all while not "being" the GoC? Interesting message dance, especially on the world stage.

I'm going to offer a different, impossibly idealistic potential off ramp ....

Remember the "old days", when parties would be able to oppose each other's work, but be able to get together via back channels to sort out a "meet in the middle" solution.

In this case, could there be a way to word the one line in question on a way that would allow:
1) Team Blue to say, "carbon pricing's off the table, so we're happy to see freer trade continue with Ukraine,"
2) Team Red to say, "we are happy to see continued freer trade with Ukraine while, at the same time, doing what we can with willing parties to help the environment," and
3) Ukraine to say, "happy to keep doing freer trade with Canada"?

If there was the willingness to meet in the middle on all sides (blue & red), could this be done?

I know, I know - dare to dream ....
Witch.

Burn him….

:giggle:

So how is PP doing after that "bad week"? :ROFLMAO:

The media is desperate.

So how is PP doing after that "bad week"? :ROFLMAO:

The media is desperate.

Unhinged Liberal MPs are trying to connect PP with the shooting in Winnipeg. Everyone on the left is getting desperate because their time destroying this country is nearly over.

Unhinged Liberal MPs are trying to connect PP with the shooting in Winnipeg. Everyone on the left is getting desperate because their time destroying this country is nearly over.

Shooting in Winnipeg? What did I miss ?

Was there more than one liberal MP drawing that connection? Because I saw one, and his own party summed him up and reined him in right quick.

It's a sign that Trudeau is starting to loose control of the caucus. Ordinarily Liberal caucus members don't sneeze without permission.
This the second time in little more then month some MPs have strayed.

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.... he's implying that there's always shootings in Winnipeg, which based on the one time I was in Winnipeg, I'm happy to believe him is true.

That makes sense lol Sorry RCN Log Symposium all day lol my brain is mush

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.... he's implying that there's always shootings in Winnipeg, which based on the one time I was in Winnipeg, I'm happy to believe him is true.
Same as The Market and Vanier in Ottawa.

Back