• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

Supposed to be - BUT Paul Martin said in the election campaign when Harper trashed him at the ballot box:

"The minority will not be dictated to by the majority"

Paul Martin said this. I recall it quite well.
If only someone would promise electoral reform in this country…and follow through… 😉

If only someone would promise electoral reform in this country…and follow through… 😉
Everyone complains about the first past the post system but once they are elected and form the government....they change their minds very quickly.

Everyone complains about the first past the post system but once they are elected and form the government....they change their minds very quickly.
2015 held such promise…maybe in 2025 Team It’s 2015 will win and finally follow through? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Many years ago, I was an exchange student in Germany and there was a state election.

The next day, I asked my friend whether the CDU or SPD won the local seat.

Him: “They both won.”

Me: 🤨

Maybe. Or that confirmation bias makes people believe (or not believe) what the experts are saying.

To be clear - there is rarely a 100% consensus between experts, but there is usually some consensus. Also, on scientific matters, experts can amend their views based on new evidence - FAFO is literally the scientific method.

I trust 'experts' I know. I have finished carpenter friend, when I need help in carpentry I trust his expertise. I have a friend who is a doctor, I trust his expertise.

Back