• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

This will be the first serious test for PP as far as dealing with internal party missteps. I’m sure he isn’t too pleased with this.
FFS 🤦‍♂️ Friggin’ dough-heads. They should be punted pronto.

This is exactly the sort of thing that will support the Liberal's narrative.
A-yup.

This will be the first serious test for PP as far as dealing with internal party missteps. I’m sure he isn’t too pleased with this.
Lucky for Pierre Poilievre that he doesnt have an opportunistic political operator like Pierre Poilevre waiting in the wings to stab him in the back and usurp the leadership for trying to walk the line between suporting disgruntled Canadians without suporting the bigots and wingnuts stoking the fires

FFS. Right when we need a mature and serious official opposition to tackle some serious stuff around our election integrity, three of them pull this.

Now those three are trying to claim they didn’t know who Christine Anderson is. Utter bullshit. This is the same AfD mouth breather who made herself a cause célèbre among the convoy crown last year. The only way the claim of ignorance is at all plausible is if all three MPs AND their staffers are utterly incompetent, and unable to be trusted to avoid major gaffes and terrible lapses of judgement. Literally all they had to do was Google her, which I’m reasonably confident was one of the steps involved in arriving by her side for that photo. She didn’t come to one of their events; they went to her. No way they were ignorant of who she was.

Super not impressed by this.

I'm actually impressed by PP reaction to this. He doesn't appear to be defending them/providing any excuses at all (even plausible ones).

Yes he did. He’s claiming they didn’t know.

Pierre Poilievre said:
“The MPs were not aware of this visiting member of the European Parliament’s opinions, and they regret meeting with her. Frankly, it would be better if Anderson never visited Canada in the first place,” the statement said.

I call bullshit on that. No way these three particular MPs (each with their own ideological baggage that aligns with at least some of Anderson’s views) and their staffs were all unaware of who Anderson is and what she believes, and just happened to find their way to a lunch with her. It wasn’t a quick photo and a handshake; they sat down for a meal with her. The plea of ignorance is predicated on the rest of us being stupid enough to believe it.

The CPC caucus could stand to be a few people lighter for a little while. This kind of poor judgement should be politically fatal to the individual MP making this conscious choice. And we need an official opposition that can enter the next election clean of this crap, because they have some real work to do.

Some people think Christine Anderson is some sort of hero and look at the fun Maxime Bernier is having with it

Some people think Christine Anderson is some sort of hero and look at the fun Maxime Bernier is having with it
Yes he is, and I’m fine with that. We already know what he’a about. The more proactively he works to get himself out of the way of serious politics, the less the CPC need distract themselves with fending him off and the more energy they can devote to serious matters.

The hey should host some UofA Chinese Student Association folks for a hootenanny. Gets a free pass, apparently.

Maxine who? FFS the so called PPC is less popular than the Green Party. Max lost the CPC leadership, he needs to accept it and move the F on with his life. WAY too much baggage with his name now for him to be taken seriously.

I respected Anderson when she dressed down Trudeau over in Europe on her turf. What is the point of her coming here to Canada and basically getting involved in our politics? Its not her business.

They only have themselves to blame for the distraction. Even the Reform Party wasn’t this amateur in the 90’s. I say that as a Reform voter.

Meah, they talked to someone a took some pictures.
They sat down for lunch with an avowed racist and extremist whose party has literally been investigated as a national security threat in her home country. Both of our major parties’ leaders are in accord with how reprehensible her views are. Don’t play apologist on this one, it’s not a good look.

They sat down for lunch with an avowed racist and extremist whose party has literally been investigated as a national security threat in her home country. Both of our major parties’ leaders are in accord with how reprehensible her views are. Don’t play apologist on this one, it’s not a good look.

If the Cons feel the need to apologize they can fill their boots. It's probably politically prudent thing to do. But I think your "shock and horror" are no less politically biased than my disregard.

Also you'll of course pardon me if I'm a lil more fixated on the foreign interference with our elections at the moment. Sitting down to lunch with a distasteful person seems to me to be second fiddle to that, but that's probably just my bias.

If the Cons feel the need to apologize they can fill their boots. It's probably politically prudent thing to do. But I think your "shock and horror" are no less politically biased than my disregard.

Also you'll of course pardon me if I'm a lil more fixated on the foreign interference with our elections at the moment. Sitting down to lunch with a distasteful person seems to me to be second fiddle to that, but that's probably just my bias.
but why not just avoid the hassle? what is to be gained by entertaining this individual?

On the contrary, if you read through my previous replies you might realize that just maybe there’s some serious stuff I’d like our opposition to clearly focus on. There are sometimes domestic matters I’ll choose not to offer a public opinion on for reasons that are my own. Doesn’t mean I don’t have an opinion, or that it won’t inform my vote.

I’m neither ‘shocked’ by this (I wish I was but am sadly not) nor ‘horrified’ (that’s a much higher threshold). I’m just disappointed and disgusted that some extremist views and people are garnering sympathy from within the ranks of sitting MPs.

Back