• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

24 Nov 05: Pte Woodfield Killed, 4 Injured in Afghanistan

My thoughts and prayers are with all the friends, families and fellow service members of these fallen and injured soldiers. 

Elisha

Always shitty to hear. My sympathies to the family, and his unit, and a speedy recovery to the others.  :salute:

http://www.legion.ca/asp/music/LastPost.WAV

AT THE GOING DOWN OF THE SUN
AND IN THE MORNING,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

:cdn: RIP Pte. Woodfield  :cdn:

:salute:

CHIMO!

RIP Soldier, My condolences go out to the Woodfield family and the injured  :cdn:

RIP Soldier, you will never be forgotten, we will never forget.
My condolences go out the Woodfield family and the family of the injured.
To the injured, may you all have a speedy recovery.
God Speed to all.

Dan

A very somber day here in FOB Lagman in the town of Qalat.

Saw him around the camp from time to time....came as quite a shock last night after supper when it happened.

My prayers are with his family....

Regards

:salute: :cdn: Pte Woodfield. God speed the recovery of the injured. All of us here at CFC are thinking about you and your families.

OMG, that is a friend of my sisters!! I don't watch the news so I didn't hear about it until now. This is so sad.

RIP Braun, you will be truly missed by all who knew you!!  :'(

To the others,

I hope you recover swiftly.

:salute: :cdn:

RIP  :salute:

My prayers and condolences to the families, and a speedy recovery to the injured.

Catching up on my reading tonight and saw this article about Pvt Woodfield. Comments from readers raised the ire of Woodfields uncle. People should be sensitive to the feelings of the family in their time of mourning.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20051127.wafghan1127/BNStory/National/

Well, we had a memorial for Braun yesterday here in Kandahar....up by the RESI tents (for those of you who know this camp)

Very dignified service. The parade square was flanked by all A vehicles....cannons dropped for the service. The RCR flag was folded and given to the acting TFA Commander. This will be presented to Braun's family with a tape of the service.

It put a lump in everyone's throat....and there were moments of laughter as well, in regards to his attempted 'stash, which I saw a few times, mind you it was very faint.

We'll miss you Woody......

Regards

Back