• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lost - Missing Kit ( merged )

Jim Seggie said:
Be careful Moe....that's the org I work for!!  >:D

My sister works there.  Civilian accountant for CFPSA.  ;D

Tango18A said:
Well DLR is in the St.Laurent bldg, so there must be high concentrations of some kind of dust over there. >:D

It isn't pink dust, nor is it fairy dust.

I'm convinced it's angel dust.

8)

I once did the backbone for a secure system in the LStL. We had to tell the cleaners what floor we were going to be on the day before... so they could clean the ceiling tiles of all the mouse droppings. The bldg is infested with mice, little know fact.

This deals with yearly entitlements, so I'll ask it...

A little bird once told me that I am entitled to (sports) bra reimbursement, to a tune of about 160$ a year, or 4 bras, whichever comes first?  I know they have to be sports bras, etc, but my questions are these:

I heard a rumour once that, because I'm deployed this year, I'm entitled to double the bra numbers, is this true?

Also, I have my bra receipts magneted to the fridge back home, which were bought before my first deployment in February.  Can they still be submitted when I go home, or have I missed the boat because we're in the new financial year?

Thanks so much for any info.

Yes, your entitlement does double when deploying (I'm sure Vern will have a link for that), however, I think you might be SOL for the receipts from last year as I believe the yearly entitlement must be done in the fiscal year.  See your clerk for further (and probably better) info on that matter.

Sparkplugs said:
This deals with yearly entitlements, so I'll ask it...

A little bird once told me that I am entitled to (sports) bra reimbursement, to a tune of about 160$ a year, or 4 bras, whichever comes first?  I know they have to be sports bras, etc, but my questions are these:

I heard a rumour once that, because I'm deployed this year, I'm entitled to double the bra numbers, is this true?

Also, I have my bra receipts magneted to the fridge back home, which were bought before my first deployment in February.  Can they still be submitted when I go home, or have I missed the boat because we're in the new financial year?

Thanks so much for any info.

You missed the boat for last FY however, as of 01 Apr --- you are entitled to another $160.00 for this FY and, if you are still deployed and have not claimed against the deployment, you are entitled to a further $160.00.

If I read your post correctly, you are still deployed and have not claimed the 160.00 for this deployment or the 160.00 for FY 10/11. That = $320.00.

Forget the number of bras. It is no longer an issue as per the recent change. The entitlement is 160.00 per FY (and deployment). You can buy 1 X 160.00 dollar bra or 16 X 10.00 $ bras. Tax is NOT included. The taxes are re-imburseable over and above the 160.00. Receipts required.

You can purchase, and claim, while deployed; you do not have to be in-Canada.

ArmyVern said:
You missed the boat for last FY however, as of 01 Apr --- you are entitled to another $160.00 for this FY and, if you are still deployed and have not claimed against the deployment, you are entitled to a further $160.00.

If I read your post correctly, you are still deployed and have not claimed the 160.00 for this deployment or the 160.00 for FY 10/11. That = $320.00.

Forget the number of bras. It is no longer an issue as per the recent change. The entitlement is 160.00 per FY (and deployment). You can buy 1 X 160.00 dollar bra or 16 X 10.00 $ bras. Tax is NOT included. The taxes are re-imburseable over and above the 160.00. Receipts required.

You can purchase, and claim, while deployed; you do not have to be in-Canada.

Shweet, thank you so much, Vern!  I guess I have some shopping to do when I get home...  ;D

A Stores Loss Report is a locally produced form.  They're all basically the same, but there are variations from base to base.  Clothing Stores should have one available for you.

Once the Report is completed and submitted, they should issue the replacement piece of kit.

Now I'm going to let folks in on a badly kept secret.  Clothing Stores cannot force you to pay for lost kit.  Only the Chain of Command can do this and there is supposed to be proof of willfulness or negligence.  The applicable regulations are QR&O 38.01 and 38.03.  If you lose equipment on a field exercise (due to the chaos that usually reigns for instance), and you can show that you took every reasonable precaution to look after it, then you shouldn't have to pay for it.  Part of the Stores Loss Report is a line for the member to object on the grounds that the projected recovery is "unwarranted or unreasonable."  If the member the objects, then the CO cannot order a recovery.  If it goes to the next level, the Formation Commander can only order a recover of $50 (Commander of a Command, $200 and the CDS, $250).  A pertinent part of the QR&O 38.03 states:

(a) no administrative deduction shall be imposed if the negligence is of a minor character, being negligence that does not involve recklessness, undue carelessness or intentional commission of a wrongful act or an intentional omission to perform a legal duty;...

Having said this, BE CAREFUL!  Consider how badly you want to fight this before you proceed.  There is always the possibility that the CO could order an investigation and if you are indeed found negligent, you could end up both paying for the item and getting charged under the Code of Service Discipline.  Regulations can be such a double-edged sword!

The reason I bring this up is because I have seen too many CF members get rail-roaded into paying for things that were actually lost through the normal day to day dealings of the CF.  If something is lost or damaged through no fault of your own, you shouldn't have to pay for it.  My best example was the case of a young sailor who lost his floater coat (an expensive item).  He had hung it on the hook where he was told to hang it and it disappeared.  As the Supply Officer, my recommendation to the CO was "write-off with no recovery action."  It wasn't the sailors fault that something was put away properly and then disappeared. The CO approved the write-off.

So after parade I left my tac vest where everyone leaves there kit before entering.

Afterwards, before I decided to head home, I went to pick it up. It was no longer there. I went to the commissionaires to ask if they've seen a stray tac vest, they haven't heard or seen one.

Now I'm thinking I'm screwed. I'm going to head to ASU tommorow to file a lost kit report, am I going to have to pay for a replacement vest?

Ducal said:
So after parade I left my tac vest where everyone leaves there kit before entering.

Afterwards, before I decided to head home, I went to pick it up. It was no longer there. I went to the commissionaires to ask if they've seen a stray tac vest, they haven't heard or seen one.

Now I'm thinking I'm screwed. I'm going to head to ASU tommorow to file a lost kit report, am I going to have to pay for a replacement vest?
1. Info chain of Command
2. Lost Stores Report required
3. MPs may be notified to investigate

Was your kit marked with your name and last three of the SN?
You MAY be required to pay for the lost TV.

There's only one thief in the army.... everybody is just trying to get their kit back ;)

Hopefully you had your name and last 3 on there in a obvious spot and the CoC can just ask everybody to check their kit and it was all just a mix-up.

Jim Seggie said:
1. Info chain of Command
2. Lost Stores Report required
3. MPs may be notified to investigate

Was your kit marked with your name and last three of the SN?
You MAY be required to pay for the lost TV.

If your kit is properly marked and you put it where you've been told to put it.  If it then goes missing, you should not have to pay for it.  Check out QR&O Chapter 38.  The bottom line is that in order to be held accountable for a loss of public property, you have to have been willful or negligent.

Sorry let me clarify some things, I posted in this thread while I was just skimming the forum.

-I'm in PRES
-My kit was marked
-My helmet and BEW was also taken
-Like I mentioned, it was taken out of the mess after parade

I've informed my CoC.

I do hope I won't have to pay out of my pocket for all that. But if I do end up having to pay for said kit, how will that work out? How will I end up paying? I'm a little worried about how I can fork out the money before my course in June.

Ducal said:
Sorry let me clarify some things, I posted in this thread while I was just skimming the forum.

-I'm in PRES
-My kit was marked
-My helmet and BEW was also taken
-Like I mentioned, it was taken out of the mess after parade

I've informed my CoC.

I do hope I won't have to pay out of my pocket for all that. But if I do end up having to pay for said kit, how will that work out? How will I end up paying? I'm a little worried about how I can fork out the money before my course in June.

Good. IMO you were not negligent as it sounds like the common practice is to store your kit with everyone else's.

As for having to pay for it, I can't answer that as an investigation has to take place.

Back