• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

408 vs. 427

M

maniac779

Phase III is about to get underway, and while it still might be a little early, it would probably be prudent for me to start thinking about where I'd like to go after my time at BHS has concluded.

By now you know I'd like to go TacHel. I want to deploy as soon as I am on squadron and subsequently I want to be on the road, a lot. I'm young and single and want to take full advantage of it once I start operating the airplane. As of right now I haven't made up my mind on whether Chinook or Griff will be my first choice, but I am leaning toward the Griffon. Perhaps someone could provide the advantages to each airplane these days as well.

Anyway, I am just looking for some opinions, pros and cons, on Petawawa versus Edmonton.

(I am aware that I could end up in Val or Gagetown as well. Should that happen, I'll cross those bridges when I come to them)

Anything anyone could provide would be appreciated.

There's also the Senior Squadron in Borden, and a former Typhoon Squadron in St-Hubert.

...to say nothing of the nerve centre of it all, 1 Wing HQ in Kingston  :camo:

Nothing better for killing the morale than an early headquarters posting, to develop more than a passing expertise in Powerpoint 

;D

there's affordable housing in petawawa. Far cheaper than edmonton.

speaking of 427...whats with the 'flying monkeys' thing.

Office Linebacker said:
speaking of 427...whats with the 'flying monkeys' thing.

What "flying monkeys" thing?

I saw on the DB Embroidery website a 'patch' associated with 427 Sqn the says 'flying monkeys'..i know what a trunk monkey is as far as FE's etc go, but never heard of the flying monkeys thing.

https://www.dbembroidery.com/product_info.php?products_id=16560&sid=7fda658fa57ce020bdd43cce7b4eaae3

Office Linebacker said:
I saw on the DB Embroidery website a 'patch' associated with 427 Sqn the says 'flying monkeys'..i know what a trunk monkey is as far as FE's etc go, but never heard of the flying monkeys thing.

I've no idea, but my curiosity has been piqued.

Back