• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

82nd Airborne Divison pictures

• Thread starter Thread starter D-n-A
  • Start date Start date
D

D-n-A

http://www.poggiodeldrago.com/airborne82/images/real_gallery/thumbs.php?dir=Real%2082nd%20Images&lang=it&page=1

Does one of the 249 gunners have an Elcan? - page 4    :-\

-edit - oh wait, it bears some differences from ours - same company though?

Yup. I've seen a lot of M249 an M240 gunners with the C79(or whatever they call it).

they seem to have a different selection of weapons ie. scoped rifle on the first page, shot gun, m29 saw without stock.

purple peguin said:
they seem to have a different selection of weapons ie. scoped rifle on the first page, shot gun, m29 saw without stock.

I'm guessing your referring to the M249 paratrooper model, it does have a butt, its retractable.   The M14 with the sights, etc is a M21, some of the newer ones with syenthetic stocks, etc are the M21 Designated Marksman Rifle. Everyone else has M4s, M16A2s and M16A4s.  

You have a long way to go Danny Boy.  You will probably be hittin the road very soon.  ::)

DannyBoy - Knock it off with the one liners. If you have something substantial or interesting to add to a thread, feel free. Otherwise, cease and desist or my magic 8-ball says  "Future Uncertain" when it comes to ol DannyBoy

Your one free warning

Army.ca Staff

Mbrs of that div just completed 2 cbt jumps in Afghanistan as well.

As did a unit of the newly formed Afghan National army.

HUAH!!

GO!!! said:
Mbrs of that div just completed 2 cbt jumps in Afghanistan as well.

As did a unit of the newly formed Afghan National army.

HUAH!!

Were they actuall combat jumps(did they get the stars on their jump wings)? Or just training jumps in theatre?

combat jumps. And they DID see combat. There have been many more combat jumps in Iraq and Afghanistan than ever make the news.

FWIW on the US CBT Jumps - you can only get one star / theatre / mission

Do a fewCbt jump in Iraq and Afghan -- still only one gold star...

GWOT is considered one for that count.

Panama was the other theatre - and if you have three - it would be a Vietnam vet...

Plenty of info on US Cbt Jumps over at LF or SOCNET

Back