• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

942 Label Maker

wolot

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone have a label maker and file/program at work that prints off the Sticker 942 tags?

If you do get one, please let me know....

You might be able to get one from the Defence Forms Catalogue (942A) and print them off that way? 

Of note, my current position is "Senior Technical Inspector, Materiel" in MARLANT, so if you fill out the tag wrong, I'm the guy who ends up chewing you out....I'm also the guy that issues the stamps for everyone east of Gagetown.

If you need instructions/etc on how to fill it out properly, I have that available....shoot me a PM.

NS

Considering you have to do the 942 by hand anyways, and the 942A is only supposed to be used on external packaging...are you really saving much time entering the 942A details by keyboard vice by hand?

our very  small shop does a couple hundred 942 tags a week and we like to save time as most of it is the same equipment with the exception of serial numbers.

oir shop idea was to print tags (usually 200 at a time), pen in the serial and stick it on the 942 as it is the same size.

That would work...not a bad idea at all!

If someone has access to Adobe Acrobat Pro, you ought to be able to scan a 942A as an underlay of sorts, and create form fields over top of where each text box is.  Then it's just a matter of getting the 942A to feed properly in a laser printer so everything is aligned.

Same thing might be possible in Word.

If you find a solution, please e-mail me:

Bradley.browne at forces.gc.ca

If you shoot me a note, I'll see if we have a word doc format version of the form around.

forms has the 942 as a fill in but states the 942A is only available as hard copy.

In my shop, I have a roll of CF 942A. I was wondering if anyone had a machine that prints on them and a program for it.

I have a PDF form-fillable copy of the 942 tag available, got it from one of the ships this morning.

If anyone wants it, shoot me an e-mail on the DWAN at Bradley dot Browne at forces.gc.ca

NS

Back