• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

In other news, looks like Alex Jones and Infowars now have a little over $1B in damage payouts for lying about the Sandy Hook massacre.

Like one of the lawyers said, 'Speech is free, but lies are expensive'.
Good. I hope he lives a long, penniless life with lawyers hounding him for every cent he makes. He deserves pure misery.

In other news, looks like Alex Jones and Infowars now have a little over $1B in damage payouts for lying about the Sandy Hook massacre.

Like one of the lawyers said, 'Speech is free, but lies are expensive'.
It's too bad that Fox has Tucker pretty much bulletproof from the the same with the whole "no reasonable person would take him seriously" defense

It's too bad that Fox has Tucker pretty much bulletproof from the the same with the whole "no reasonable person would take him seriously" defense
Someone will just end up shanking him.
Or maybe we can deport him to Russia

Nothing nothing like sending out of date info.
Sorry the Court already shut you down

Attachments

• E161C57F-64B9-4205-B65F-D5CE1C2F49DA.jpeg
    E161C57F-64B9-4205-B65F-D5CE1C2F49DA.jpeg
    987.3 KB · Views: 27
Nothing nothing like sending out of date info.
Sorry the Court already shut you down
Lol, yup. A unanimous decision by the Supreme Court denying his appeal on the circuit court decision that the special master won’t see the classified documents.

Meanwhile, DOJ filed its argument today in the same circuit court, arguing to shut down the special master proceeding in its entirety. I haven’t read it yet but my understanding is that the reasoning largely duplicates the grounds on which the classified part got shitcanned, and the circuit court ruled swiftly and decisively in DOJ’s favour on that one. The back and forth on this is to wrap up by mid November. I suspect we’ll see the special master process entirely scrubbed by the circuit court, and then probably another unsuccessful appeal by Trump to SCOTUS.

The first SCOTUS appeal was actually quite limited in scope and had the appearance of a lawyer reluctantly filing something just to keep a difficult client happy. And even at that a court that’s 6-3 R-D appointees ruled unanimously against him.

“Find out” may be starting to happen.

Interviews with more than two dozen election officials as well as representatives of groups driven by false theories about election fraud, and an examination of poll-watching training materials, revealed an intensifying grassroots effort to recruit activists. This has heightened alarm that disturbances in this year's primary contests could foreshadow problems in November's local, state and national races.

Is that for real? He is calling himself President in the present tense and calling others unhinged?
That’s basically one of the least wacky things he’s said in the past month. He’ll go through days where he posts dozens of times on social media, much of it angry ranting, insults, allegations, conspiracies, etc. It’s off the charts.

Like it or not, Trump is the leader of the Republican Party. The same as all the ones I get from our own parties. Justin Needs Our Help, Pierre Can't Do it Alone. Lots of them. Once you put yourself on their list, they are like a bad penny. You'll never get rid of them.

Like it or not, Trump is the leader of the Republican Party. The same as all the ones I get from our own parties. Justin Needs Our Help, Pierre Can't Do it Alone. Lots of them. Once you put yourself on their list, they are like a bad penny. You'll never get rid of them.

I'm not sure US political parties have "leaders" like our parties. Among elected members, they have majority/minority leaders in the House and Senate but, organizationally, I think the parties are run by their national committees. I'm not sure Trump has any official position in the GOP. I stand to be corrected.

Until the Primaries and a succesful challenge, he remains as the 2024 candidate of choice by the party. Unless voted out, by registered Republicans, he is the leader of the Republican party. Perhaps Head, perhaps Grand Master. Does it really matter? Especially, when you know what I mean anyway. Maybe you can research it for us and inform us, of the correct name for the position he holds? Tanks.

Leader isn’t a good word as each party has a administrative leader.
For the Republican Party it is Ronna McDaniel
Each party nominates candidates for elected positions - so he is the presumptive Republican nominee for President at this point — until we have our Presidential Primary one won’t know who the Presidential candidate is.

Just because DJT likes to act like he’s a shoe in, and a lot of polls suggest it is likely his current position is pretty much nil officially.

Until the Primaries and a succesful challenge, he remains as the 2024 candidate of choice by the party. Unless voted out, by registered Republicans, he is the leader of the Republican party. Perhaps Head, perhaps Grand Master. Does it really matter? Especially, when you know what I mean anyway. Maybe you can research it for us and inform us, of the correct name for the position he holds? Tanks.
Kevin explained it for us but, no, I didn't know what you meant and, no, I conduct my own research when I feel it necessary; otherwise I respond with what I (think I) know at the time.

As Kevin mentioned, 'presumptive nominee for President' might sound cool but I'm not aware that he holds any official position in the party. Our systems are totally different and, in a sense, a little confusing. Our Prime Minister ('first minister') is an elected MP, Head of Government and elected leader of the Liberal party. Danielle Smith in Alberta is the elected leader of the UCP, Head of (provincial) Government but is not an elected MPP.

Kevin explained it for us but, no, I didn't know what you meant and, no, I conduct my own research when I feel it necessary; otherwise I respond with what I (think I) know at the time.

As Kevin mentioned, 'presumptive nominee for President' might sound cool but I'm not aware that he holds any official position in the party. Our systems are totally different and, in a sense, a little confusing. Our Prime Minister ('first minister') is an elected MP, Head of Government and elected leader of the Liberal party. Danielle Smith in Alberta is the elected leader of the UCP, Head of (provincial) Government but is not an elected MPP.
Honestly our system may work a little better if one of the Congressional Representatives or Senators was then elected.
Might cut down on some of the assclownery in Primaries if that person was also your local rep.

Unfortunately due to our system, name brand recognition is just more important as knowledge or skill…

Back