• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Wait, what? Do the individual states need extradition treaties within the US? Just assumed they would request a federal warrant for someone out of state.
No treaties needed by extradition is still required. It's in their Constitution. Some states also require an extradition process between jurisdictions within the same state ('intrastate extradition). Remember that criminal law is state-based. I assume movement between states for a federal offence is not required.

Same comment made by DeSantis in his announcement that he will not extradite. Lots of dog whistling going on.

Wait, what? Do the individual states need extradition treaties within the US? Just assumed they would request a federal warrant for someone out of state.

No, no treaty needed:
Article IV, section 2 of the United States Constitution: “A Person charged in any State with Treason, Felony, or other Crime, who shall flee from Justice, and be found in another State, shall on Demand of the executive Authority of the State from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the State having Jurisdiction of the Crime.”

So there’s a constitutional requirement to extradite felony warrants. DeSantis has preemptively stated his intent to violate the Constitution. I suspect that since he made that post, he’s probably gotten some words of caution from his AG. He may or may not heed them.

With that said, as of yet there’s nothing to suggest Trump will not surrender for booking and arraignment. That would obviously be the smart move.

Same comment made by DeSantis in his announcement that he will not extradite. Lots of dog whistling going on.

My understanding is that the charges are from New York state, not federal.
This is way out of my wheelhouse but my understanding is he doesn't have much choice, and the SCOTUS has ruled that the federal court can order enforcement.

Article 4, clause 2 of their Constitution:

A Person charged in any State with Treason, Felony, or other Crime, who shall flee from Justice, and be found in another State, shall on demand of the executive Authority of the State from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the State having Jurisdiction of the Crime.
Edit: Brihard types faster. If nothing else, if extradition was refused, it would make campaigning a tad difficult.

Not for Republicans who just want him to die peacefully in his sleep.
You mean ike McConnell and Romney, the RINOs and Never Trumpers?

He has a huge base of Republicans, both in and out of government. And he's pulling in Democrats also, along with Blacks and Latinos.

The dems expect these investigation are hurting him, on the contrary, they will make him a martyr. Americans are fed up with the years long witch hunt, the blatantly obvious two tiered justice system and the attacks on the Constitution, like the First and Second Amendment.

That, and it keeps the Biden crime syndicate off the front page.

Last edited:
Reactions: QV

He has a huge base of Republicans, both in and out of government. And he's pulling in Democrats also, along with Blacks and Latinos.

The dems expect these investigation are hurting him, on the contrary, they will make him a martyr. Americans are fed up with the years long witch hunt, the blatantly obvious two tiered justice system and the attacks on the Constitution, like the First and Second Amendment.

I live here, you grossly overestimate his draw.
MAGA for the most part is just a few unruly morons screaming these days.

For a large number of people, Trump is the American Dream personified. Of course no person is without fault. But recall before he ran for POTUS, he was one of the most popular celebs in the country and from his time on Oprah to his days in office he was saying all the same things. All that the media/DNC/establishment attacks on him have done is pulled the mask down on the system.

I live here, you grossly overestimate his draw.
MAGA for the most part is just a few unruly morons screaming these days.

The silent voters should not be discounted. But, you're the one that lives there.

The only ways to reasonably speculate on how things might turn out are to follow polls and to follow the political betting websites.

A legal pig-wrestling contest in which the pig emerges without serious legal impediment and its opponents emerge looking petty, incompetent, desperate, hypocritical, and vindictive will, I expect, work to the pig's political advantage.

"So here's the plan. We'll push Trump into the spotlight and dirty him up so that he wins the primary and eliminates all the reasonable competition. Then we'll cruise to victory in the general."

"Say, what's that small note at the bottom of the first page?"

"Hm...oh, it says it's copyrighted 2016".

The only ways to reasonably speculate on how things might turn out are to follow polls and to follow the political betting websites.

A legal pig-wrestling contest in which the pig emerges without serious legal impediment and its opponents emerge looking petty, incompetent, desperate, hypocritical, and vindictive will, I expect, work to the pig's political advantage.

"So here's the plan. We'll push Trump into the spotlight and dirty him up so that he wins the primary and eliminates all the reasonable competition. Then we'll cruise to victory in the general."

"Say, what's that small note at the bottom of the first page?"

"Hm...oh, it says it's copyrighted 2016".

I'd probably follow betting before official polls these days.

The Secret Service will not allow him to be handcuffed. As well, wherever he is and whatever is going on, he'll have his protection detail with him.

Bragg wants a filmed perp walk and mug shots, so the footage can be shown all over. Trump is already taking advantage of that and will turn it to his advantage. Bragg is out of his league.

The Secret Service will not allow him to be handcuffed. As well, wherever he is and whatever is going on, he'll have his protection detail with him.

Bragg wants a filmed perp walk and mug shots, so the footage can be shown all over. Trump is already taking advantage of that and will turn it to his advantage. Bragg is out of his league.
Despite the hope that some have in seeing him in handcuffs or having a mugshot I doubt either happen. He isn’t a physical threat and discretion will be used in that regard. Mugshots, as far as I understand are not made public unless there is a need in that state. So unless it leaks I doubt it gets released.

And yes, he will be fundraising heavily off this.

Listening to Sirius-XM radio this morning and according to commentators he will show-up Tuesday, be formerly indicted, finger-printed, mug-shot taken and will appear before a judge who we make the decision as to whether Trump will be incarcerated or released. If released the judge can specify conditions (e.g.) surrender passport, wear ankle bracelet, restrictions on travel, etc.

For a large number of people, Trump is the American Dream personified. Of course no person is without fault. But recall before he ran for POTUS, he was one of the most popular celebs in the country and from his time on Oprah to his days in office he was saying all the same things. All that the media/DNC/establishment attacks on him have done is pulled the mask down on the system.
Pretty easy to be the American Dream when you get given a $400M headstart by dear old dad. Despite selling himself as self made and a man of the people, he's a silver spoon shyster who uses and discards people on a whim. In medieval times, he'd be a local despot abusing his serfs.

All sorts of juicy unflattering customarily confidential stuff about Trump and his associates was leaked; no reason that any potential propaganda resulting from the formal process will somehow remain closely held. Tip-offs to media will do everything short of instruct them where to stand for the best filming angle.

Monthly donations go to St Jude, Shriner's Hospital, Folds Of Honor, Tunnel to Towers. Now we have another cause, the ACLU.
ACLU
I feel like I'm missing some context there.

On a separate note, wasn't he the "If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed.......and we will deserve it" guy in 2016?

Seems some people have it wrong, a defendant doesn't have to prove their innocence. Cornell law added a context.
She should really shut up and be the grey man. Keep spouting bullshit and she'll find herself in front of a House Sub Committee on insider trading or one of the other many, many shady activities she has been involved in. Like her role on Jan 6th.

As for her facts, to the rumoured charges, both the FEC and the Feds have both already looked and said there was nothing there and declined to pursue it. Bragg thinks he knows better. Even thinking he can use Cohen. If Bragg's case hinges on him, he's already lost.

As you said, nobody has to prove their innocence, the law has to prove guilt, beyond a reasonable doubt. However, her Freudian slip shows the mindset of the Democrats. So 1984.

Last edited:
Back