• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A little help with VAC

[quote author=Danjanou ]VSO Veteran Service Officer, some branhes have a seperate Seniors Service Officer. As noted they're at both Branch and Provincial level and in my experience better to start at the Bracnh level for two reason, one odds are he's closer to get to and most likely he's a retired cranky old guy often a vet who has the time to listen to you and push the paper up and the inclination to do more so than the paid Provincial guy who will probably tell you to start at the branch level first anyway.[/quote]

I had dealings with the PHQ VSO in Dartmouth NS and from my experience he was outstanding. Up front, honest and offered what comments he is allowed to offer based on his role.

Yes, he suggested I should be patient and that it could take around 5 months to hear back. But then these delays are with VAC and
not his office, so knowing this, I’m OK with hearing that. I did not think this would be a fast process.

When I informed my JPSU I have been muddling along for two years without speaking to them or applying to
VAC through the RCL VSO he nearly jumped across the desk at me for failing to engage something so simple. If only I had of known sooner.

Well the 16 weeks have gone and passed. VA confirms the file is in the review stage (dotting the i and crossing the T) in case they screwed up (after allotting %) which they woudn't tell me until a lady saw it on my file and told it to me and said "what was your % before your appeal" and I replied, thanks for letting me know, I'm not on appeal, I'm at the intial adjucation.  She was embarrassed to say the least.  So now its a waiting game, wait for the form to ask me how I want the payment (which makes no sense to me since with the charter its a lump sum anyway, but apparently the majority of vets ask to get a choice, this is VA's version) but at least she gave me a fax # that I can fax it back to expedite the payment.  Only in my 54th week since initial claim.

54 weeks.????  Ughhh .!  Must be über-frustrating no doubt.  Steady on course mate.!
Good luck on your case.

Back