• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"A-team" movie in the works

CougarKing

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
What about Mr. T?  :blotto:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0429493/

Liam Neeson as Hannibal Smith?

The A-Team is an upcoming feature film based on The A-Team television series planned for release on June 11, 2010, produced by 20th Century Fox.  As of January 28, 2009, director Joe Carnahan is set to direct and Ridley and Tony Scott are set to produce. The plot will involve a shift from Vietnam to the Middle East, and both Jules Daly and Stephen J. Cannell are involved in the project. John Singleton was initially assigned to direct, but in October 2008 he pulled out of the project.

The film has been in development since the mid 1990s, going through a number of writers and story ideas, and being put on hold a number of times. Producer Stephen J. Cannell hopes to update the setting, perhaps using the first Gulf War as part of the backstory. The cast has not been revealed, though Singleton hoped Woody Harrelson will take on the role of Murdock, while Ice Cube and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson have expressed interest in the role of B.A. Baracus.[7] Rapper The Game had been rumored to have the role. It also has been rumored that Bruce Willis was being considered for the role of John "Hannibal" Smith.

In June, 2009, Variety revealed that Liam Neeson was in negotiations with 20th Century Fox to star as Hannibal Smith, and Bradley Cooper has announced to MTV News that he will be playing the role of Templeton Peck after he first denied the rumors saying that he was involved and insisted that he had not seen any script.

On August 26, 2009, MMAjunkie.com reported that Quinton "Rampage" Jackson would play the role of B.A. Baracus in the upcoming film, but this was later denied by a representative for Jackson. In September 2009, The Vancouver Sun suggested that that Jackson has been attached to the role and will be postponing his upcoming fight at UFC 107 due to filming for "The A-Team", beginning in Vancouver in late 2009, but no official confirmation has been announced.

CougarDaddy said:
What about Mr. T?  :blotto:

How about Michael Clarke Duncan?

duncan-cast.jpg

I have been waiting for years for this!!!!!

I always figured Ice Cube would have made the best B.A, but it looks like "Rampage" may have the role.....

wiki link

In June, 2009, Variety revealed that Liam Neeson was in negotiations with 20th Century Fox to star as Hannibal Smith, and Bradley Cooper has announced to MTV News that he will be playing the role of Templeton Peck after he first denied the rumors saying that he was involved and insisted that he had not seen any script.[10]

On August 26, 2009, MMAjunkie.com reported that Quinton "Rampage" Jackson would play the role of B.A. Baracus in the upcoming film,[11] but this was later denied by a representative for Jackson.[12] In September 2009, The Vancouver Sun suggested that that Jackson has been attached to the role and will be postponing his upcoming fight at UFC 107 due to filming for "The A-Team", beginning in Vancouver in late 2009, but no official confirmation has been announced.[13][verification needed][unreliable source?]

On September 15, 2009, Variety confirmed the casting of Neeson, Cooper, and Jackson. They additionally reported that Sharlto Copley and Jessica Biel were in final negotiations to join the cast. Copley would be playing the role of H.M. Murdock and Biel would be playing the ex-lover of Face who is an Army officer in charge of pursuing the team. [14]

[edit]

I can see it now, 10,000rds expended in the movie, but no one actually shot. That should save some money on special effects and ensure a G rating.

Sorry to revive an old tread, but saw the A-Team movie today and was wondering where they filmed the airbase scene.  My guess is Cold lake.  Can someone correct me if I'm wrong? 

ton_ami69 said:
Sorry to revive an old tread, but saw the A-Team movie today and was wondering where they filmed the airbase scene.  My guess is Cold lake.  Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

According to the Internet Movie Database (IMDb), it was all filmed in British Columbia.

Link:  The A-Team - Filming Locations

http://www.filmofilia.com/2009/09/21/patrick-wilson-joins-the-a-team/

COMMENTS

October 2, 2009
Right now they are filming a chase scene with Jessica Biel in CFB Cold Lake Alberta. The scene takes place on “Carter US Army Base”. Her Mercedes convertible is being chased by a Military Police Hummer.
Posted by a team guy

=====================================================

http://twitter.com/tomstoukas/statuses/4538442896

Good read:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/digital/visual-effects/a-team-movie-vfx

I like to see this movie... On my TV next 2 years.

Back