• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A "Why" Dress Thread split from OCdt Speaks at Freedom Rally

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America
The people who told me that story were completely afraid of him. He left a couple of years after I joined, I managed to avoid him for the most part.

The people who told me that story were completely afraid of him. He left a couple of years after I joined, I managed to avoid him for the most part.

I had a Pl Sgt like that once.

I'm pretty sure they used him as a model for Sgt. Barnes in the movie 'Platoon'. I like to think that I helped end his career in my regiment.

I had a Pl Sgt like that once.

I'm pretty sure they used him as a model for Sgt. Barnes in the movie 'Platoon'. I like to think that I helped end his career in my regiment.
Just wait for the class action lawsuit for general harassment, the government will be broke.

In my unit slightly before I joined, a Sgt on a February exercise in -30 weather went around 25 minutes before H-Hour and told everyone to take their gloves off, so that they could more effectively use their weapons.
And like The Champ I says "pardon"? Who the fuck was this moron?

Easy solution - train with gloves on no matter what type of weather.

In my unit slightly before I joined, a Sgt on a February exercise in -30 weather went around 25 minutes before H-Hour and told everyone to take their gloves off, so that they could more effectively use their weapons.
Sadly someone probably did that to him and he was too stupid to even ask why. Sigh.

• Gloves reduce your ability to use your weapons effectively.
  • Toques and hoods reduce your hearing and peripheral vision allowing the enemy to approach you undetected.
  • Rain suits are noisy and give away your position.
  • Boots, rubber, clumsy, will make you less agile.
  • Wearing a scarf inhibits your ability to fire from the prone position.
  • Warm food makes you sleepy and less alert.
And hundreds of other myths rumoured to make you harder to kill.

• Gloves reduce your ability to use your weapons effectively.
  • Toques and hoods reduce your hearing and peripheral vision allowing the enemy to approach you undetected.
  • Rain suits are noisy and give away your position.
  • Boots, rubber, clumsy, will make you less agile.
  • Wearing a scarf inhibits your ability to fire from the prone position.
  • Warm food makes you sleepy and less alert.
And hundreds of other myths rumoured to make you harder to kill.
Fight naked. Scare the enemy by showing him your junk.

OMG!!! I haven't heard that one in forever... all the way back to my ISCC, I think. What memories that brings back. I can't wait to tell my EAP lady about that on Monday.
Happy Stephen Colbert GIF

Even better, he was wearing a jacket at the time. He also said "Stop being reservists!"

He's also infamous for saying "Dress cold to stay warm." The idea he's (probably) going for is to layer down before physical exertion to avoid overheating, sweating and freezing, but the way he says it is just dumb.

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 9.25.14 AM.png

From RCN social media. Is the RCAF Ensign patch a thing now? It looks pretty awesome.

I like how we’re equating braids and pony tails momentarily in front to leadership failures…

i am not a woman but I could see how a braid or pony tail would have a tendency to swing in front when the head is turned.

[quoted post removed by moderator]
In his defence the newer DEUs I've gotten are so incredibly crap quality. I've had the same pant size my whole career and the new ones hang on me just like that without massive tailoring. They are so cheap I'm not sure if it's worthwhile in COVID to get it done. And a new tunic also looks awful and is really weirdly cut, so had to be totally rejigged by the tailor. Similary a lot of people are having a hard time with keeping the weight off while working from home so not really a surprise to see someone with a tight tunic at this point, so context is somewhat important. I'm not going to harp on someone for a random photo posted on twitter as I have no idea on what's going on with that person, or when the random photo was taken and dropped onto the desk of some PA. There is some video of me in one of the recruiting videos looking a bit disheveled; the arsehole cameraman was in the way when we were trying to recover from a fire and I'd been awake for about 30 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back