• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

abuse of power

• Thread starter Thread starter aj_olsen
  • Start date Start date
I relies that this has settled down but I just wanted to post that actual definition of leadership as written in the Reference Manual:

"Leadership is the art of influencing human behavior in order to accomplish a task in the manner desired by the leader."

Now if you want the task accomplished the desired way theres no way saying "I DID IT" will make them do a good job.

I just bumped a thread I started a while ago on this very subject.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/4353.0.html

Regards

As was already said about WHIMIS and stuff, cadets just mop the floor, pretty much the only thing it accomplishes is the cadet experienceing a new level of nausia.

As for the delegation of work lets see if I can clarify it a bit.

I as a cpl. wouldn't pass the work down to a LAC just cause I had to do it on ITLC 3 times. I would do it if tasked to me as a duty and I would delegate it to a LAC if I was told to "ensure it was clean" because cpls have other things to do than clean the washroom. A WO can't do everything he's told to do hence the delegation he doesn't delegate it because he likes to see 12 year olds pushing mops around the bathroom.

aj_olsen said:
we are talking about a private giving another private orders

and i am in a leadership role im my sections commander

If you are your sections Commander than why are you only a Pte?

New corps or corps with massive recruit intakes can sometimes force ptes into Comd Jobs...Its just not promoting them like what happened to me until after camp...all the mouthy little buggers would talk back becasue they were the same rank even though theyd never actually been in the field etc.

Burrows said:
New corps or corps with massive recruit intakes can sometimes force ptes into Comd Jobs...Its just not promoting them like what happened to me until after camp...all the mouthy little buggers would talk back becasue they were the same rank even though theyd never actually been in the field etc.

A simpliar thing happened at my squadron.
We are only in our 2nd year right now after a split from another squadron so we had corporals teaching classes and once or twice we had a corporal teaching a class of corporals.
Now we're in our second year and already have over 100 cadets so the rank balance is working out great.

Back