• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AC op's in Afghanistan

rautenstrauchc said:
What are the odds that there will be a deployment for AC Ops?

What are the odds you'll complete your Occupational Transfer and training before Griffons are withdrawn from theatre at end of mission?

They're already there, maybe not exactly in their normal role but they do work in the TF/BG TACP.

Michael O`Leary said:
What are the odds you'll complete your Occupational Transfer and training before Griffons are withdrawn from theatre at end of mission?

Well... OT is about another month (hopefully), Training is 2 months, not too sure about OJT but lets factor in 6 months. That pegs me at Aug/Sept. 2009 for training, mission is going to 2011. Thats 3 rotos I could "possibly" be on. Lord know I want one.

Dimsum said:
....a perfect question for Mudhut Mich!

Did I hear my name??  Going through 150 pages of unread topics takes a bit of time after 7 months with limited internet!

Yes, there are AC Ops over here and they are not all employed in trade.  There is a thread on this board about TACP, you will get some more info in that.  (edited to add the link: http://forums.air-force.ca/forums/threads/80232.0/all.html)

For TF 3-08, there were 4 AC Ops employed as Information Management in PRT.  And there are 4ish more here for Roto 7 too.  But don't jump the gun on thinking about deployment quite yet.  Get your training done and make a (good) name for yourself.  Lots of people already on the list wanting to come over.

rautenstrauchc said:
What are the odds that there will be a deployment for AC Ops? I mean, who would honestly trust a Griffon pilot to land by him/herself?  ;D

I've got almost four thousand Tac Hel hours over almost three decades and I've managed to land after every single flight without an AC Op, thank-you very much.

One might have been useful before the Shithook destroyed the fritzie at MSG....hehehehe.

Jammer said:
One might have been useful before the Shithook destroyed the fritzie at MSG....hehehehe.

Whatever happened, it had nothing to do with the presence or absence of AC Ops.

Jammer said:

Now now, you were supposed to be busy helping out in the CP...not sight seeing.

Regards

Are we done bashing the AC Ops in FMG now?  Take one little break from the tower....I blame Der P for the distraction.  ;D

Loachman said:
I've got almost four thousand Tac Hel hours over almost three decades and I've managed to land after every single flight without an AC Op, thank-you very much.

I must've read this sentence 10 times, and for the life of me, do you know the only thing that keeps popping into my head?

"An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto one blade of grass and not fall off the face of the planet."  ;D

Loachman said:

You can drive a nail into a board with a wrench but it can be done more effectively and safely with a hammer.

Canadian AC Ops are also employed within our NATO unit here in KAF. In and slightly out of trade.

Back