• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ACOGs sold in KAF (or otherwise) knockoffs?

DirtyDog

Inactive
Reaction score
I guy approached me at work today wondering if I wanted to buy his ACOG (TA31).  Apparently he got it at the end of his tour (in KAF I think) and never used it.  It looks brand new.  I didn't have time to get all the details as I had other business going on but I gave him a $50 down payment as the price seemed to good to pass up.  I will try and get more details from him tommorow before giving him the rest of the money (I have the optic already however) but the price almost seems too good to be true.  Is there a knock-off market out there?

Aftermarket optics haven't been going over very well in my Pl (ie. verboten) right now but somehow in the last week I've seemed to have bought two of them (Eotech 552 and the ACOG). :p  Here's hoping I can deploy with them.

Probably traded/bought it off an American. Only way I know how guys have gotten ACOGs in Afghanistan.

The TA31A's  that guys were buying are lagit.  There was an American contact in KAF that had loads of them (TF3-08).  In my platoon alone 18 guys picked them up.  We zeroed them and used them all tour with no problems, our chain of command was fine with us using them.  We were paying 400 US for them and that is still about 800 US less than the Trijicon website suggests as an MSRP.  There were even small quantities of Elcan Spectre DR going for 500, never got my hands on one  but that's not from a lack of trying.

anyway, it's as good a deal as you're likely to see for a TA31A.

cheers

MTH said:
The TA31A's  that guys were buying are lagit.  There was an American contact in KAF that had loads of them (TF3-08).  In my platoon alone 18 guys picked them up.  We zeroed them and used them all tour with no problems, our chain of command was fine with us using them.  We were paying 400 US for them and that is still about 800 US less than the Trijicon website suggests as an MSRP.  There were even small quantities of Elcan Spectre DR going for 500, never got my hands on one  but that's not from a lack of trying.

anyway, it's as good a deal as you're likely to see for a TA31A.

cheers
Exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks.

The price is definitely right.

EDIT - One difference is this is a TA31F (chevron reticle)

If it's too good a price to be true, watch out that it's not an Airsoft knock-off. 

NS

Somehow I very much doubt an airsoft knock off in the ghan...

The ones from Afghanistan are real. US issue.

Their also stolen from US supply system and sold.  Lots of guys bought them.  Guys started loosing them at the KAF airport on their way home as US people were catching wind of  so many US issued sights landing in the hands of Canadians,brits etc.. and were confiscating them.

If you bring one overseas with you make sure to document it with the MPs if possible,anything to show that you bought it in Canada (so to speak) and didn't pick it up in Khandahar.

Flawed Design said:
The ones from Afghanistan are real. US issue.

Their also stolen from US supply system and sold.  Lots of guys bought them.  Guys started loosing them at the KAF airport on their way home as US people were catching wind of  so many US issued sights landing in the hands of Canadians,brits etc.. and were confiscating them.

There you go... once again the old principle applies: if it looks too good to be true, it is !!  ;)

Back