• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Address by the Prime Minister

Trinity

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Its 1900hrs

Paul Martin is about to do a public speech.

Should be interesting.  Go watch it

"please, please don't fire me!! wait for a few months so everyone can forget about it"

the blood's in the water and I see fins...

We'll have a nice election as soon as this is all over...I promise! Ya right :dontpanic:

Here is a transcript of his speech for anyone who missed it.

http://www.canada.com/national/story.html?id=a98c8fc1-29b9-417b-ba90-9d4202e10da2

SO, if you're Mr. Harper do you still try to force an election right away, or do you wait?  ???

The Liberals would love nothing more than to delay an election as long as possible to allow voter outrage to fade with time... balls to that, seize the initiative and go for the throat!!!

Good speech...But too little, too late.

I liked the line about political jousting. Who has been doing most of the partisan jousting about the threats to health care, separatists etc?

"Mr Dithers, is that you in the suit of armour?"

Cool, this could be my new annual tradition, go to CFSCE and place an absentee vote in a federal election!

Here are Harper, Layton and Duceppes responses for those who missed them.

Harper
http://www.canada.com/national/story.html?id=32516dd0-051f-4d35-9328-05221925955b

Duceppes
http://www.canada.com/national/story.html?id=92daa20f-57ef-424c-821d-63604eb8dfd0

Layton
http://www.canada.com/national/story.html?id=a1f90417-e3c2-4436-8b91-a03b1de7cb18

" SO, if you're Mr. Harper do you still try to force an election right away, or do you wait?"

waiting is just what Martin wants.  If Harper waits till the report is made public he will have lost his chance and Canada will be stuck with more years of Liberal party corruption.  The report won't be released until the fall, it will be out of news for months by then... and Canadians will have forgotten how corrupt the Liberals are.  It will be a veru sad in Caandian history if we yet again elect these people to round our country.

*To recover taxpayers' money -- money that went to those who did not earn it -- I ordered my government to sue 19 people and companies for more than $40 million.*

Right, Call me a doubting Thomas but didn't the money go to the Lie-bral party anyway ( either directly or indirectly benefiting), so shouldn't they be the ones paying through the nose?????

*I committed to acting on the recommendations of Judge Gomery when he brings forth his final report. And I myself testified before his commission, answering any and all questions.

Finally, I ordered that the Liberal party bring in auditors to conduct a forensic examination of its books and call in the RCMP to investigate what took place during that period.*

Not that I don't trust the dear old soul, however Mr. Martin isn't high on my "Worth While To Talk To" with regards to being told a TRUE story.
Second...Lie-bral party auditors are being paid how??? And the RCMP with all due respect still are getting their cheques from whom???

Go ahead and call my suspicions "alienated westerner syndrome" but after all the goings on have come to light I just don't trust the lie-bral government anymore. Not that I did that much before, but at least I HAD respect for them...

I'M done.

All this of course is my own opinion, of course...

I'm probably just hallucinating...

Joe.

Time to let Steven Harper have a kick at the cat...

We'll be going to the polls in the next 8 to 12 weeks, sadly.  I also suspect that Martin will win another minority government.  I can't see the conservatives winning enough seats in Ontario to give them the win, and they most definitely won't win anything in Quebec. 

I personally believe we should let the Inquiry finish before we go to the polls again, but hey, I'm a simple minded Ontario voter. 

Do you honestly think the report will be out of the news cycle in the fall?  You are thinking about the Sponsorship scandal which has been going on since February of 2004, right? 
There is no danger of this falling off the publics radar, unless of course something major happens like you know, a nuclear holocaust... and even then I can see Stephen Harper and his ilk standing in the ruins of the House demanding that the smouldering ashes of Paul Martin confess.

Sheerin said:

There is no danger of this falling off the publics radar, unless of course something major happens like you know, a nuclear holocaust... and even then I can see Stephen Harper and his ilk standing in the ruins of the House demanding that the smouldering ashes of Paul Martin confess.

How much more damage are the Liberals supposed to do before someone says enough!?

A_Majoor hit the nail on the head with a comment he made. 'Canadians just don't care'.  
Sad but true.

I have such a lack of faith in my government and fellow canadians who continue to support the liberals it's frustrating to the point of apathy.

Interesting ..

Personally I don't trust any of them, and as you stated, others besides Harper have attended. Either way, Harper should shoot for an election sooner than later, as Martin is clearly fearing the prospect of losing power. Waiting runs the risk of testimony coming out that separate Martin from the scandal, or at least neutralize the anger around him. I'd rather have the full report, from a justice perspective, but from a political perspective, allegations (unfortunately) are all you need to damn someone in the eyes of the public.

The sheople of Canada will have soon forgotten how much money was wasted (I strongly suspect that the majority of the country doesn't realise how corrupt this whole situation is) and Harper will not win if he waits.
30 Days after the release of the report, it will already be forgotten by the public(re:not read) and the liberals will win again because that's comfortable.

If he wants the government he should put his money where is mouth is, take it now and sort things out, if not he should stop musing about it.

Will Harper be better?
Who knows, he hasn't gotten his turn at bat and it's about time we see if things can get better.
This is Canada, he will never have the mandate of the people to privatise healthcare.
The conservative agenda is, naturally, government non-involvment in private lives and social programs (as I said universal healthcare will not be taken away) if anything this scandal is proof positive that we need less involvement.
Canadian conservatism is still invovled in the afformentioned, which isn't a terrible thing I think it's a good kind of convservatism.

Will the Liberals Improve?
Experience says no.

So do we go on experience, or do we strap on the nuts and seek improvement.

Hi all,

Just a quick question.  In PM Martin's interview afterwards, he stated that this is not a Liberal affair, it is a group of people, some of whom were Liberal.  I haven't followed the Gomery Commission religiously, so I may have missed something. 

Who has the inquiry implicated that was not a Liberal or a Liberal supporter?

Thanks.

mseop 935 said:
Who has the inquiry implicated that was not a Liberal or a Liberal supporter?

There was some mention a couple of weeks ago that some of the monies were filtered into Bloc accounts.

Back