• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Adjusting orientation of fieldpack waist strap

2ndChoiceName

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to adjust the waist strap on the fieldpack (the old school one, external frame, OD green). I don't mean tightness, I mean the vertical orientation. As it is right now, my waist strap sits around my ribs (supposed to sit on my waist or hips), and when I wear my tac vest in conjunction with it, due to the mag pouches, the waist strap is entirely useless.

I've tried to adjust it but the metal bars that the strap feeds through aren't large enough to put the buckle through and the straps won't feed out of the buckle to allow me to take the buckle completely off so I can feed the straps through the metal bars.

Thanks,

-2ndChoiceName

http://imgur.com/a/KOmOD

Visible in the first picture is the waist strap as it is. The close up shows the metal bars keeping me from removing the strap and moving it further down.

You need to take the sleeping bag off, likely take the back pad off and slip your waist belt through the bottom part of the ruck.

Sometimes the ends of the strap are bent over and sewn together so you can't feed it through loops and shit, you can just cut the stitching off so you can take the buckle on and off.

bag-plcf82.jpg

Back