• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advice for Pilot Application

Aviator33

Reaction score
Hello,
I am in Grade 10 right now but am trying to find ways to improve my chances of being accepted for the occupation of pilot at RMC. Does anyone have any good advice for what I can do now to give myself a better chance of being accepted into that occupation and then being successful as a pilot in the RCAF?
Any advice is appreciated

Hello,
I am in Grade 10 right now but am trying to find ways to improve my chances of being accepted for the occupation of pilot at RMC. Does anyone have any good advice for what I can do now to give myself a better chance of being accepted into that occupation and then being successful as a pilot in the RCAF?
Any advice is appreciated

Keep your highschool grades high. Try to get some work experience, and some volunteer experience.

Make sure you have some references for when you apply.

Stay in good shape, keep up with math for your cfat and aircrew selections testing later on.

Other than that, you're young, enjoy it !

Good luck in the future endeavors.

There are some other good threads on here with specific advice for each of the steps in the recruiting process. It wouldn't hurt to familiarize yourself with the overall process as well.

Thank you for the reply and all of the advice, I will definitely check some other threads to get an idea of the overall process. Is there any specific things I could do at this point that will look good for my application/success as a pilot? Again, thanks for the information!

I have another question that is somewhat related but did not want to create a new thread. How many of the applicants for pilot/ACSO/ACO are actually selected to go to Trenton for the Aircrew Selection Test? And from that stage, how many are then accepted to RMC for one of those occupations? Is it easy to be selected to Trenton or is that almost as difficult as the test itself?

I have another question that is somewhat related but did not want to create a new thread. How many of the applicants for pilot/ACSO/ACO are actually selected to go to Trenton for the Aircrew Selection Test? And from that stage, how many are then accepted to RMC for one of those occupations? Is it easy to be selected to Trenton or is that almost as difficult as the test itself?

If you qualify for any of the 3 aerospace trades on your CFAT, you'll be sent to Trenton for aircrew selections. (Assuming you applied for those trades).

Aircrew selections will be the biggest hurdle, and is what holds most people from continuing further.

The selection rate beyond that is unknown exactly, but I've heard if you pass your AIR FACTOR medical and Aircrew Selections, it's nearing 100%.

This will vary a bit depending on your entry plan as well though. I'm not sure if ROTP or DEO is more competitive right now.

Keep in mind, these numbers are always changing as well. They change the cutoff scores for each test frequently.

Back