• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advice for women on BMQ and other courses [MERGED]

you make do.  take care of it when you do the bathroom thing.

Amy.2006 said:
so no one knows what women do? lol ok then  :army:

I'd hope that you do already.

Nothing different than being stuck on the 40 ouest in Montreal during rush hour and having nature call (being either a guy OR a girl). Fuck.

This is NOT something limited to military scenarios.

Most people would just say "hurry up and pull over at the next opportune time" - and that would settle the matter.

"Yalla, Yalla, Yalla" = "hurry, hurry, hurry."

ArmyVern said:

Nothing different than being stuck on the 40 ouest in Montreal during rush hour and having nature call (being either a guy OR a girl). Fuck.

This is NOT something limited to military scenarios.

Most people would just say "hurry up and pull over at the next opportune time" - and that would settle the matter.

"Yalla, Yalla, Yalla" = "hurry, hurry, hurry."

^This!  Seriously. 

ArmyVern said:

I've heard of "motormen's helpers" AKA "truck bombs":
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7912464/

ArmyVern said:

Yes i know how...
i was just wondering what women in the Armour corps do when they are stuck in a tank for hours on end, but anyways i guess i will just have to wait and find out  :p LOL!!!!!! 2 funny

Amy.2006 said:

There's a "female-friendly" version of the truck bomb called "Pitstop". The receiving end is designed to be mounted inside the vehicle with a five-foot "transfer hose" attached to a "quick-disconnect" mechanism.
Advertised  as "big enough for a non-stop coast-to-coast haul."
All kidding aside, congratulations and good luck. I am sure you will do fine. I think a positive attitude is everything.

Amy.2006 said:
Yes i know how...
i was just wondering what women in the Armour corps do when they are stuck in a tank for hours on end, but anyways i guess i will just have to wait and find out  :p LOL!!!!!! 2 funny

Let me make this really easy for you ...

They do the same damn thing that a chick caught in rush-hour on the 40 ouest in Montreal does ...

SFA until the first opportunity presents itself.

Exactly the same thing a man has to do when the requirement to hit a pit stop (for whichever) reason ...

They live with it; life will go on. Confirmed that this evening with the "Tanker Guy" that I live with. He asked "why do you think tankers have it special in this case - we get to wait just like every other guy and gal and civilian in the same situation?"

Amy.2006 said:
so no one knows what women do? lol ok then  :army:

It Depends.
I just know what I read in the papers:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19508417/

Amy.2006 said:
yikes sorry i asked people, its ok i got the idea

Hey army, you going armoured? I am a woman going armoured too! Have my medical on the 27th, then after that I am just waiting for my call=) How far along are you?

Tulach Ard said:
Hey army, you going armoured? I am a woman going armoured too! Have my medical on the 27th, then after that I am just waiting for my call=) How far along are you?
Hello, my recruiter called me and told me that all i have to do is wait for my job offer :) then she said middle of may, or begging of June i will be going hopefully :)

looks like there are a few of us in that boat....  I am starting to dislike that boat.  :mad:

Going back to the topic of periods, the IUD Mirena stops periods in some women after 6 months or so. Some women it stops completely, others aren't so lucky. For me it has drastically lightened it every month and it's barely even noticeable anymore (except for the hellish cramps) - but I definitely think it's worth trying it out if you want to lighten your period. Just my  :2c: :)

jmbest said:
Going back to the topic of periods, the IUD Mirena stops periods in some women after 6 months or so. Some women it stops completely, others aren't so lucky. For me it has drastically lightened it every month and it's barely even noticeable anymore (except for the hellish cramps) - but I definitely think it's worth trying it out if you want to lighten your period. Just my  :2c: :)

More like $300 and change for Mirena...and I'm not sure if one can get it through CF Health Services as I suspect it's not within the Spectrum of Care.  I do believe they only hand out the pill.  Most civvie drug plans won't pay for Mirena - including PSHCP.

For what it's worth - my wife was on Mirena for a while, no period, no cramps, no PMS.  Two thumbs up from me!

Lil_T said:
looks like there are a few of us in that boat....  I am starting to dislike that boat.  :mad:

Heheh, what do you mean you dont like the boat? LOL Yes its a waiting boat but we are all in it together=) At least we have a jump, imagine if we all go to the same basic, we will already be introduced ;D

Amy.2006 said:
Hello, my recruiter called me and told me that all i have to do is wait for my job offer :) then she said middle of may, or begging of June i will be going hopefully :)

Me too! I have my medical in 3 days, and I am told just weeks until my call...maybe I will see you there!

Occam said:
More like $300 and change for Mirena...and I'm not sure if one can get it through CF Health Services as I suspect it's not within the Spectrum of Care.  I do believe they only hand out the pill.  Most civvie drug plans won't pay for Mirena - including PSHCP.

For what it's worth - my wife was on Mirena for a while, no period, no cramps, no PMS.  Two thumbs up from me!

Hhmm I havent heard of this option. Perhaps I will look into it. Where abouts are you Occam? I know each province has different health care laws.

Back