• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Afghan Ops (the Milnet game) Horror Stories

My horro story has been chasing hollymaire and [RICE],  as they are keeping pace just those two levels ahead.  ;D

Rheostatic said:
I figured I'd stock up on 5.56 mm ball and accidentally bought 1000x PAPERWORK instead. :crybaby: :facepalm:

Ouch, looks like you will be responding to a Canadian school for a while.

Rheostatic said:
I figured I'd stock up on 5.56 mm ball and accidentally bought 1000x PAPERWORK instead. :crybaby: :facepalm:

Proving that the pen is not mightier than the sword, I've converted your paperwork into 5.56 rounds. :)

No problem, they were the same cost each (5MP) so it was the kind of math I can handle. ;)

was doing DAG Green -7CR, +7CE mission today, failed 3 times out of 6 tries... on one of the failures, it deducted 103 morale... how does that work??

kuchunwah said:
was doing DAG Green -7CR, +7CE mission today, failed 3 times out of 6 tries... on one of the failures, it deducted 103 morale... how does that work??

You had a 98-mission success streak.  When you fail a mission, the formula for morale reduction is:  - (5 + win streak)

This is when you break out the 'sad panda' emoticon.....
sadpanda.gif

Regards
G2G

Fail:
Clean-up all traces of the cross-border operation -1200CR, +112,220CE

NinerSix said:
Fail:
Clean-up all traces of the cross-border operation -1200CR, +112,220CE

I feel your pain....  Mission Failed: Clean-up all traces of the cross-border operation -1080CR, +100,769CE  only lost 6 morale, failed a timmies mission earlier this morning :(

Today is my last day to play as I will not have access to the net regularly enough to maintain my position.
My best position was 3rd way earlier in the game and I have maintained 4th for a while. So all in all I am pretty happy.

Cheers to all and good luck to those on my tail.  :salute:

T

PS failed 2 missions so far today lol

So here I was playing today and got the following:
2011-06-04 12:12:49  While conducting this mission you have discovered some useful Intelligence data! +1 Int (7,367 total) +1 Morale  :rofl:

Funny I thought especially when I have a Attention to Detail of 267!

Still having fun with the game though and that is all that counts!!

Glad that you are still playing; while I would like to ... I simply refrain from it. I'm almost about to earn the last incentive for negative morale as I log in every couple of days to earn those -40s, but simply don't have time to log in every day.  When I discovered that actually conducting a mission also saw me earning less than the base points for that mission (+500 earns you +10% / -500 earns you a minus 10%), I also stopped fighting missions  ... I figured that it's a no win situation for me. When I hit the -500, that's it for my log ins until my tour is done. That way, I can claim my +XXX morale medals when I get back and actually start from zero vice negative gazillions.

I hope that you all have to go on tours so that I have a hope in hell of ever catching up in this game.

Have a good evening.  ;D

Hey Vern, that's exactly the reason I didn't start the game until I was home from KAF!!

Hope your tour is going well and quickly

ArmyVern said:
I hope that you all have to go on tours so that I have a hope in hell of ever catching up in this game.

I'll trade you my spot on the roster list for a tour.  ;D

Enjoy the rest of your tour anyway!

Failed a mission for 1440 combat readiness....  Le Ow. 

It would have bumped me up another level too....alas.

Not a real horror story - more a  :facepalm: moment

Misread the the daily challenge of spend 711CE and thought it was spend 711MP.
Bought 700 double-doubles now I'm out more than half my milpoints..

Oh yeah, go level 7s!

Back