• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Afghan Ops (the Milnet game) Horror Stories

Trinity

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I know I don't have the worst horror story, but 7 failed missions in a row "Capture a POW" (level 15)  makes me a sad panda. 

edited to add clarification to the thread title

Trinity said:
I know I don't have the worst horror story, but 7 failed missions in a row "Capture a POW" (level 15)  makes me a sad panda.

Too funny; my record is 2 failed missions in a row --- same Op.  :eek:  At that point, I quit and went on to a different mission ... making me a not-so-sad panda.  ;D

I have 2 fails in a row... on missions that were at 98%. They came right after I got my 130th successful mission in a row. Sad panda.

PuckChaser said:
I have 2 fails in a row... on missions that were at 98%. They came right after I got my 130th successful mission in a row. Sad panda.

Mine was at 122 missions in a row; still, not so sad panda --- it could have been worse. I could failed 7 Xs in a row !!  >:D

PuckChaser said:

I thought I had bad luck failing a mission that was at 94%, I don't feel as unlucky now.  I just got to gather some Int, I am not having much luck on that front.

dangerboy said:
I thought I had bad luck failing a mission that was at 94%, I don't feel as unlucky now.  I just got to gather some Int, I am not having much luck on that front.

Far easier to gather int when your Attention to Detail is higher. Also try running low CR cost missions to collect int. Since it's a percentage chance each time you complete a mission, you have a lower chance of finding int if you do mission that cost a lot of CR since you can't do as many with a full load of CR. I've found a lot of my Int at Timmies.

PuckChaser

Thanks for the advice, will give a try once my CR builds back up.  Of course I had been doing the opposite, going for high experience missions.

I leveled faster using Int and doing the HVT missions. You have a lot of CR, and can probably move very quickly if you wanted to spend it. There's a few high value missions around level 30 that are cheap CR and high CE output.

Well,

I'm working my way up, but yesterday, it was REALLY frustrating to run out of CR points with just 2% left to go in my AOR....and the extra 39 minutes it would have taken me to earn the CR's was eating into my bedtime, so I had to let it go for the night.

*sigh*  this morning, it was up at almost 15%.

So close....

So far....

NS

PuckChaser said:
Far easier to gather int when your Attention to Detail is higher. Also try running low CR cost missions to collect int. Since it's a percentage chance each time you complete a mission, you have a lower chance of finding int if you do mission that cost a lot of CR since you can't do as many with a full load of CR. I've found a lot of my Int at Timmies.

I wondered about that.  I've tried that a few times.  It did work but I wasn't sure if it was a co-incidence. 

Thanks for the info.

I had the screen on a very small resolution while doing some training so I didn't have to continually scroll down each time the screen refreshed. I was spending CR on training thinking I only needed 30 or so CE to get to the next level and I didn't want to "waste" them when my CR refilled. After burning through 300 odd CR, I went and did the op to get my 30 CE and I didn't get the next level or my CR refilled. In shock, I looked at the CE requirements at the proper resolution and it turns out I mistook a 600 for an 800 in my CE total and instead of 30, I needed 230 CE to get to the next level......

On one of my AOR's I had my insurgency down to 2% before I ran out of CR.    I choose to stay up later and wait for it to refill just enough so I could finish the insurgency at the sacrifice of sleep.  Probably ended up being about a 45 minute wait.  I think my wife would kill me if she knew.

Right now, insurgency at 10% in Kandahar and I don't want to wait up anymore.  I only fear what it will be tomorrow morning when I get the next chance. 

If it's any consolation, I have more failed missions than anyone else: 61 (and counting)

Mike Bobbitt said:
If it's any consolation, I have more failed missions than anyone else: 61 (and counting)

:mad:

This morning, after a really good "winning" streak at the higher FOBs, I returned to KAF for a caffeine; then, I came back to Canada ...

where I DAGGED ... for a mere -2MP ... I FAILED!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. A 2 MP mission ... and I must try for the 250 streak again from scratch!!  :blotto:

Well.. I spent money on (I think two) "+x CR for x hours" and then I noticed that it didn't come with the CR, but just the extra space on the bar.

how are you people getting so high up the mission and rank scale!!! I seem to be moving at a snails pace in comparison ??? Must be missing something because im on it every day :eek:

RTG :cdn:

readytogo said:
how are you people getting so high up the mission and rank scale!!! I seem to be moving at a snails pace in comparison ??? Must be missing something because im on it every day :eek:

RTG :cdn:

Total Combat Readiness Missed: 113

I guess not often enough! ;)

Decreased Insurgency in Kandahar City  by 1. Now at 29.

Waiting for 5 CR points to regen to get 1 point on my AOR....

After spending 130 points to bring me down to 30.........

*Grrrrrrrr*

Back