• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Age Limits to Join

• Thread starter max_francis
  • Start date
I'm 27, and even my arthritis and Depends aren't stopping me  ;) ;D
Just kidding.

You are not too old. I just put my app in last month.

Train hard, both your body and your mind and you will do fine, I train with much younger people, I can keep up with them and in some things I can beat them.  The differences are they heel faster and they can eat crap food and still have the energy to motor on, whereas at 34 I have to really watch what I eat and I have to stretch (alot).  If your mind is in it,  your body will follow.  My old man is 65 and runs marathons( 3:01 hr) swims 4 times a week and bikes 4 times a week, he acts like he can, so he can.  And as Dakota and I have talked about, won't it be fun outlasting the young'ums..... ;D

respect
FITSUMO

I saw on the news last week that there are olympic sprinters that are quite up there in age....the oldest I believe is in his late 90's.

If they can do it, I can too!

Hey Fits... rock on bro.

Neveltell, I guess it is easy to say that you question has been answered. You are only as old as you feel and the CF will not put you lower in the selection process because of your age. If it is something you always wanted to do, get out there and start the process. I kick myself for not doing it earlier, but I am doing it now and you can't dwell on the past, just the future, so make the best of it.

That's my enough philosophy for today.

Good luck.

Springroll said:
I saw on the news last week that there are olympic sprinters that are quite up there in age....the oldest I believe is in his late 90's.

If they can do it, I can too!

I believe you're referring to The World's Master's Games recently held here in Edmonton.

However - the sentiment expressed is one I agree with.

My wife was 33 when she joined - and ran rings around most of her platoon in Cornwallis.

Well I guess that gives me the answer to that question, Thanks everyone for your imput. I am filling out the proper paperwork and am training but wow did it make me step back when I was told that. I guess I excpected different form him because he is ex-military.

Thanks everyone  ;D

Too old does not = dead!  ;D the oldest person I knew who did Basic with me was 43 years old, married with kids and had arthiritis. He is now trade qualified and already overseas! Cheers and Good Luck! :cdn:

you old bastereds better just shut up and start putting up.  Get the application started now and you can join my old ass at BMQ.  It would be nice to have a few peeps somewhat around my age.  I will be attending BMQ either over the winter or next summer in either case i will be 30, so you young 27 year olds will have to carry my sorry ass off the field.  ;D

I would be the one kicking your a** off the field, ya old fart!!...hehehe ;D ;)

Sivad said:
you old bastereds better just shut up and start putting up.  Get the application started now and you can join my old *** at BMQ.  It would be nice to have a few peeps somewhat around my age.  I will be attending BMQ either over the winter or next summer in either case i will be 30, so you young 27 year olds will have to carry my sorry *** off the field.  ;D

I am working on it, I will be there !! I am working on getting my application in by the end of the week.

Neveltell said:
  I am working on it, I will be there !! I am working on getting my application in by the end of the week.

Well get moving!!!
I have had mine in since July 19th.... ;D

Hurry up with it..you're holding us up!! ;)

P-Free said:
Age is just a state of mind.
They told me that when I turned 40
They told me again when I turned 50
And again when I turned 60
Well I am now over 70
I guess it must mean mind over matter
Because I now feel like I am 90

My name is Tyler i am 16 years old and i just wonted to know what i have to do to join the army and if i have to have a grade 12 to do it
because my friend said that the army has a G E D program so i was just wondering if some one could plz e-mail me tyguy015@msn.com
to let me know that would be great thanx :cdn: . thanx for the info guys :cdn: :cdn: :)u guys have been a big help thanx  

Welcome and the Army does not have a GED program.  Start by reading the recruiting FAQs and visiting the recruiting website, where you will find many answers.

As long as you are under 60, you may have a chance. I am an ex-military and at the ripe old age of 51 I re-joined the Reserves. When I was accepted for the Reserves, the Recruiting Officer offered me a a signing bonus if I would go back into the Reg.'s. I have an Inter-provincial Heavy Duty Mechanic's Cert. Very tempting but the wife had enough of army life. So go for it.

GUNS

http://www.jointheforces.com

http://www.armee.forces.gc.ca/lf/index.asp?FlashEnabled=1&

Hope that helps.

Cheers

RangerRay said:
Mind you I did my basic in the early 90s when men were men, etc., etc...    ;D

I have no idea how coddled the current generation of young recruits is.   In my day, us young bucks could handle a Master Corporal jacking us up!   The 30 year old was more likely to shake his head and walk away from him!   :eek:

:) I don't think the jacking up was too bad really....after all we're a 'kindler, gentler armed forces now' or so my instructors kept telling us  :-X

Hello, I'm 37 and was just sworn into the Reg forces. Apply and see what happens. Best of Luck.

FYI, in another thread, KevinB posted a pic of a buddy who did Battle School at 49, and was humping around the mountains of Afghan at 54.

Back