• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Force authorizes baseball caps in uniform

Ball caps, T-shirts, golf-shirts, cargo pants, etc are all good in my opinion ~ I authorized regimental T-shirts with combat and/or work dress trousers 30+ years ago for wear in unit lines. They can be made to look smart enough for garrison dress and they are easy to cater for and they allow admirals and generals to add all kinds of "morale patches."

Ball caps, T-shirts, golf-shirts, cargo pants, etc are all good in my opinion ~ I authorized regimental T-shirts with combat and/or work dress trousers 30+ years ago for wear in unit lines. They can be made to look smart enough for garrison dress and they are easy to cater for and they allow admirals and generals to add all kinds of "morale patches."
I remember a LCol telling me “the infantry thinks they’re good at chicken shit stuff but the Signal Corps is far better” 😉

Well if untucked shirts are good enough operationally for the Canadian Army... 🤔
...and I've said this multiple times, US Navy and US Air Force aircrews, and the RCN with its new NCDs...

But I digress.

I remember a LCol telling me “the infantry thinks they’re good at chicken shit stuff but the Signal Corps is far better” 😉
That was, certainly, very true in the 1960s. I recall then Governor General Georges Vanier saying something quite similar ~ he was commenting on a visit to Vimy Barracks where the curbs were painted. Now, there's nothing odd about painting curbs for Vice Regal visits but they were ~ many hundreds, likely thousands of yards, painted in three colours: light blue stripe, thin dark blue stripe and a thick green stripe. 1623787058631.png

I think sometimes the CAF focuses far too much on appearance. Its like there is a phobia towards change to become more operationally effective.

BTW I love those shirts that you wear under body armor.

Back