• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Force Medics in Edmonton region?

medic2ic

Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone know of any air force medics ever being posted to any of the Edmonton garrison units? I'd like to go reg force medic (I'm a reserve army medic now) and I would like to request Edmonton area as one of my three choices.

i know a few of airforce medics from 1 fd amb, they can also be posted to first line units but im not too sure on that

yeah we can get posted to front line units (i.e. army units) even as air force medics.... just inquiring if theres even a chance of me going to edmonton as air force. Thanks for the response.

As you know, what uniform you wear as a Med Tech does not indicate the type of employment that you will be tasked to give. If you ask to go to 1 Fd Amb, the career shop will send you. What element's uniform you wear has no bearing on postings.

I know that... but I just want to stay in the air force element, so when/if i get a chance to choose a different posting after a few years, then I want to be in the blues. I realize that even though I'd be air force, I could find myself in the trenches with PPCLI.    Thanks... i just wanted to know if it could happen to have an air force medic out there, or if it was unheard of, thats all.

This goes back to the talk that CWO McBride gave at CFMSS back during one of my courses about all medical trades being in the land element, makes sense to me since the main units are the Fd Ambs.... yes... I know this might start an argument...

RatCatcher - does that mean then that all PA's will become Navy then, since that's where most will end up getting stuck at one point or another? 

Medic 2ic - 408 Tac Hel Sqn in Edmonton has spots for one or two medics in their UAS/UMS (which ever it is now).  Of course, they are slid over from 1 Fd Amb...

MM

I beleive it is even split for the PAs for ship and land duty.... but almost all medical pers will start in the land environment

Back