• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Airforce berets in Belgian style?

Mud Recce Man said:
Well, IMHO, the Logistik berets have WAY too much material, and it extends down past where I would like it to on the right side of my melon.  I like wearing mine where I can have the "fold" just touch or extend past the sweatband.  The one I was issued last week, well...it pretty much covered my whole ear and there was STILL more material to go. 

I just got a new AF beret from Logistik and the amount of material was just right....could be there are bad batches in the system ?

Personally find the Belgians' cloth edge far more comfortable, especially when warm out. Well worth the $20 I had to pay for it (CFSAL kit shop).

cdnaviator said:
I just got a new AF beret from Logistik and the amount of material was just right....could be there are bad batches in the system ?

Could very well be.  I don't have a small head exactly (size 7 1/2 wedge for this melon) but the beret was simply NOT do-able for me.  Uh uh.  People would point and laugh (more).

Well, IMHO, the Logistik berets have WAY too much material, and it extends down past where I would like it to on the right side of my melon.  I like wearing mine where I can have the "fold" just touch or extend past the sweatband.  The one I was issued last week, well...it pretty much covered my whole ear and there was STILL more material to go. 

Ok, good.  I am not the only one.  i find every logistik berret size i try is like a chef hat, i still use the same one i bought at clothing stores back when i was in Air Cadets! the material is geting a little thin  :D  Anyhow, i am gonna give Joe Drouin a try.

cheers

PV

I know some guys at 443 have decent looking berets from Logistik, and others are huge.
When I was in the Navy, I had a really great fitting beret, but some of the new guys had ones looked ridiculous.

A buddy of mine who is on my BAC in April got his Logistik beret modified at the tailors, so that might be a suggestion,
instead of buying a Belgian style Beret.

..... cut out the guesswork, get a decent beret that fits well and looks good - @ 1st try - buy Parkhurst & get back to work :)

I buy a new one from the CME kit shop each and every year.

geo said:
..... cut out the guesswork, get a decent beret that fits well and looks good - @ 1st try - buy Parkhurst & get back to work :)

I buy a new one from the CME kit shop each and every year.

Same..Except C & E Museum.

Back