• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Memo Templates: (AVOTP, ED&T, File Number, OJT, OT, Release, Retention)

trencher said:
So the WO denied the memo up the chain of command and will not forward it up the CoC is the last i heard.

The WO told you this or someone else whispered it to you; is it hearsay/rumour?

The memo was retruned to him By the WO.

We are wondering what steps we should take now. I have a few in mind but would like to hear your ideas wallace as ive spoken to you back in my Petawawa days.

trencher said:
The memo was retruned to him By the WO.

We are wondering what steps we should take now. I have a few in mind but would like to hear your ideas wallace as ive spoken to you back in my Petawawa days.

I think that others have fairly well covered points that are important in this case.  DAA, MJP, captloadie and SeaKingTacco have give you good advice.

I fail to see how a memo addressed to a members CO can be 'denied' by a WO.  I have however seen lots of this type of horseshit in the past and experienced similar stuff myself.

In my case, I wrote a 2nd memo, with my 1st memo being ref A. 

I agree with SKT, request a meeting with your CO and bring your memo with you.

Eye In The Sky said:
I fail to see how a memo addressed to a members CO can be 'denied' by a WO.  I have however seen lots of this type of horseshit in the past and experienced similar stuff myself.

In my case, I wrote a 2nd memo, with my 1st memo being ref A. 

I agree with SKT, request a meeting with your CO and bring your memo with you.

One of the pieces of advice I always gave was to always keep a copy for your own records.

Eye In The Sky said:

Lots of memos for the CO never make it to the CO.  Just because someone writes CO on their memo doesn't empower that memo with a right to go to the CO.  Generally it is because the CoC has been empowered to deal with the issue(s) at their level.  COs would be bogged down if they couldn't delegate things down to their subordinate commanders. 

That aside in this case the CO should see the memo as it is his signature going on the recommend/not recommend for retention to D MIL C.  As others have pointed out the overall CO's decision will be heavily weighted by the CoC's recommendations thus both sides should be heard in this case.

The simple solution is to have submitted a representation as that has to be sent to DMCA regardless of what anyone including the CO thinks.    It doesn't have to dispute the medical facts, just have a good case for retention.  One case we had was a simple served since the stone ages, getting close to CRA and want to stick around until then.  It was granted.

Memos in this really are a farce and not needed.  Representation doesn't go through all the hoops and have everyone know the members business.  Mbr gets presented his package, choices to submit representation and does directly to the casualty support team who in turn deals with the CO. Scan and email everything to DMCA.  Units complicating things and having people stick their nose in where it doesn't belong.

Eye In The Sky said:
Seems like all people need to do is not reinvent the wheel or try to make it roll different.

So, in short, follow the process laid out and stop fucking around with things at the unit level, etc that aren't required.

What a novel idea; follow established policy.

I wish DMCA would just have a format for the exact procedures for this . I talk to a few diffrent members with 30 years plus in the CF and no one can give us a clear direction step for step.

I wonder if the member at this point can just contact DMCA direct. On his disclosure it has the DMCA numbers on it and it does not say who can or cannot contact them.

trencher said:
I wish DMCA would just have a format for the exact procedures for this . I talk to a few diffrent members with 30 years plus in the CF and no one can give us a clear direction step for step.

I wonder if the member at this point can just contact DMCA direct. On his disclosure it has the DMCA numbers on it and it does not say who can or cannot contact them.

Why not give the 1-800 a try and see what happens?  Worse case, you can always plead ignorance.      :-[

Good evening,

I have been looking around for a while on the site, but maybe it's because Im am inept with technology, or because I am just not looking hard enough, I have not been able to find what I am looking for.

I have to leave the CAF ASAP, and a Voluntary Release sis what Im looking for. My CoC and Unit Clerk don't seem to care to to much about helping me out, but thats fine with me.

Im just having trouble with the proper formatting with the memo and the specifics of what (and where) to properly put into the memo. If anyone can correctly understand what I meant in that sentence.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, and I hope everyone stays safe back home in the cold Canadian temperature.

Stay safe Brothers.

Reid :cdn:

Good morning

Have you gone to the release section yet? AFAIK a memo is not required. There is an application for that must be submitted and sent up through your CoC.

If you want to do a memo, just use standard military writing format

Use the ref for releases. Your subj line would be along the lines of req for voluntary release. SN, Rank, last name, inits.

Then in the body include your request.

I, rank name am req a voluntary release fro. The CAF for the fol reasons

List them and end your memo. Send it up through the CoC starting with your direct  Supr.

Anymore questions let us know.

This is the first i have heard of a memo NOT being required.  If this is true I wasted countless man-hours correcting and minuting memos as the PAT platoon WO in Wainwright and am still wasting time on these same memos as the QMSI at College Militaire Royal Saint-Jean.

rja44 said:
I have been looking around for a while on the site, but maybe it's because Im am inept with technology, or because I am just not looking hard enough, I have not been able to find what I am looking for.

Memo for Release 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/104441.0

Release memo contents 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/117598.0

Format of Memos 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/1293.75.html
4 pages.

Need memo assistance 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/101644.75
5 pages.

I guess SOP is different for each unit. At least for mine, they require me to submit a memo regarding my current situation. I had heard of some sort of PRes release paperwork that I would have to fill out, but according to my desk SGT. there is no such thing. I guess that's why I'm not a desk SGT.

I appreciate all the help gents. If I have any problems, Ill be back on ASAP.

Cheers, and stay safe Brothers.

Reid

The best way to get help from your CoC on memo writing is just to submit one. Don't matter what you put on it. You CoC will see the travesty in front of them and put red ink all over it and sent it back to you with many many changes to make. You'll make the suggested changes and resubmit the memo and it will come back to you once again, red all over the changes they asked you to make in the first place. This will happen anywhere from 3-5 times. Then your unit adj will want to have a Sr NCO PD session on memo writing skills.

I jest. Do your homework, produce the best product you can and go from there. Mariomike gave you some excellent refs.

BinRat nailed, do your best with what you know and your researched references and put forth a memo.  It will most likely come back a few times for corrections and "personal memo corrections".

As for going to see the release section, my wife just went through this process beginning in November and the release section wouldn't speak to her until she had approval via a memo from her chain of command about a release.

rja44 said:
I guess SOP is different for each unit. At least for mine, they require me to submit a memo regarding my current situation. I had heard of some sort of PRes release paperwork that I would have to fill out, but according to my desk SGT. there is no such thing. I guess that's why I'm not a desk SGT.
I appreciate all the help gents. If I have any problems, Ill be back on ASAP.
Cheers, and stay safe Brothers.
Reid

Memo

A11222333 (Pers)

1 Jan 16

CO (thru Chain of Comd)

REQ FOR RELEASE -
A11222333 PTE RJA44

Ref:  QR&O 15.01

1.  I, A11222333 Pte RJA44 request my release from the PRes under QR&O Art 15.01, Item 4.c. for the following reasons:

a.  "state reasons here"

2.  For your appropriate review and consideration.

RJA44
Pte

Simple as that!

I received a disclosure package in early June 2016.  I chose to submit written representation with a request for period of retention of 2 years.  I met the 15 business day timeline to submit my written representation/memo on 22/June 2016.  I have constantly asked my assisiting officer, DSM, CSM & chief clerk where my package/representation is.  I was told on 29/August 2016 that it seems to have been "lost" somewhere at some point and the unit would do what they could to track it down and carry on with the process.  Fast forward to today, 12/Sep. 2016....my CSM came to speak to me and told me they still dont seem to know where it is or what is going on with it.  Then told me I can just resubmit my written representation and they will make sure it goes forward this time.  It has now been 82 days since I submitted my representation, & I have not been provided with the C.O.'s response or his minutes to either support or not support it.  I know I am entitled and have a right to see what was said by the COC and C.O. before it is sent to the career manager and DMCA.  I also do not believe I should "resubmit" my written representation as they told me.  I have had administrative issue after issue with my unit and medical professionals on this base numerous times....one after the other after the other.  I feel as though someone is due to be held accountable at this point.  If I do as they say and resubmit my written representation again, all is forgotten and the unit gets away with losing and/or forgetting about my admin that should have been taken care of months ago.  I'm tired of chasing after it and I feel as though I am making waves.  At least that is how the unit makes me feel.  I suffer from PTSD, & all this added stress from my unit is causing me undue and unjust anxiety.  If the unit does not find my written represention, & I refuse to resubmit it again to them, does this put the unit in a position to be investigated for making these issues occur and accept the liability?  I have a copy both hard and electronic showing the exact date I submitted it through the COC.  Someone needs to be held accountable for all this drama and BS.

Back