• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Signal Officer Applicants

ostetco

Inactive
Reaction score
Can all you Sigs(84) Officer applicants reply with your background info Degree and from where in Canada you are applying. Also indicate if it was 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice. Thanks! I applied at the Toronto recruiting centre with a Computer Science Degree and Sigs was my second choice.   Any current Sigs Officers feel free to add any info about the trade.   I am kind of discouraged about receiving an offer now that I have read through all these forums.   :(

Calgary, Electronics Engineering Background, First Choice!

Good Morning Folks,

Well, I got my offer last year around this time of the year as an signal officer. When I applied, my first choice was Cele (air), Sig O was also my second choice and EME as my third. That didn't stop me from getting Sig O as my MOC. My background was Bachelor of Electrical engineering and 1st year of Master of Applied Science. Just from my experience, I know a lot of Sig's with a Bachelor of Comp Sci. Keep your eyes open, it's not as bad as you think.... there is still hope ;)

Good luck
Cheers,

Jeff

I can't believe there is only one current Sigs Officer applicant ... c'mon guys gimmie some feedback... I want to see how I stack up against all you engineering degreezzz that applied for Sigs Officer.  Thanks!

ostetco said:
I can't believe there is only one current Sigs Officer applicant ... c'mon guys gimmie some feedback... I want to see how I stack up against all you engineering degreezzz that applied for Sigs Officer.   Thanks!

I wouldn't worry too much about having a certain degree rather than another.   I'm pretty sure there are many other factors involved in ranking your suitability for the job, education being but one of them.

Anyhow, you'll need much more than a great education to compete against a spectacular fellow like myself!  ;D

Good luck!

signals                //  Electrical Engineering

John Lee ... are you from Toronto? and When did you graduate? .. Hey RDA ... what does that stand for?

ostetco said:
John Lee ... are you from Toronto? and When did you graduate? .. Hey RDA ... what does that stand for?

Dude, you're getting a little creepy now...   Are you looking us up in year books or something?   ;)

RDA are my initials.

Creepy?  ???

I just wanted to see what backgrounds people come from; those who are applying for Signals.  Which program and what university.  I think education is the primary recruiting issue for officers anyway! I know work experience and physicall fitness are factors, but your school Major is probably most important.  So I was just trying to see what Majors people were applying with: Electrical Engineering etc.  So don't take it personal there Mr. Sarcastic.

Cheers.

but your school Major is probably most important

Actually, it really doesn't matter WHAT degree/diploma you have. Just the level of education. For some trades they do require a specific school of training like military police. Must be in a related field EG> Law and Security, Police Foundations, Criminal Science etc etc etc.

Then you have pilot, doesn't matter what university degree you have at all, could be arts! As long as you have it, it qualifies you to be an officer in the Canadian Armed Forces.

So, really, no it doesn't matter what you have as your Major. Just that you have one. There might be a requirement for Sig Ops though, but I'm not familiar with that grouping.

Joe
PS> Hope that helps somewhat

PPS> Sig Ops of NCM and Officer are in high demand right now, so don't worry about your competitivness, your probably not anymore special than many of the others who applied for that position and will probably get it!

CHEERS! :p

PPSS> That wasn't mean as an insult, just statement of fact, recruiter stated almost same line to me when I applied for infantry and asked him of my competitivness against the others out there.

Back