• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things Cuba (Castro, politics, etc.)

asianhistorian said:
How do you like me to put it? I just like to impart a moral lesson to the kids out there in RMC....And it's true! (with due respect, Generals)...

WTF?  :spam:

asianhistorian,

Until such a time that you can formulate a proper sentence and a coherent statement please stop posting. Nothing you have said thus far, in any of the threads you've participated in, has made any sense whatsoever.

Friendly warning. You can either work to be better understood by perhaps taking more time to think out what it is you wish to post - or we can impose silence upon you.

Staff

Journey man does not believe me that I wrote a book. I really wrote a chapbook on Cuban economy, Fidel's cold treatment of Alina her daughter, etc. etc. Title is IN DEFENSE OF DEMOCRATIC CAPITALISM..

he goes to havana in the middle of the night
with cigars on his left and beer on his right
he argues with arms flailing with all his might
but never stops to think if everything is alright
his unpredictable pattern of consumer behaviour
behooves him to make Adam Smith his saviour
for people in his country are alloted limited goods
through ration cards as if he can predict one's moods

.....(that is coherent for you?...289 fellow-workers Cuban moles connived and conspired against me to have me fired in a multi-millionn dollar company and they succeded..RMC should know this! So that General Devlin knows whom to fire!!!

asianhistorian said:
Journey man does not believe me that I wrote a book. I really wrote a chapbook on Cuban economy, Fidel's cold treatment of Alina her daughter, etc. etc. Title is IN DEFENSE OF DEMOCRATIC CAPITALISM..

he goes to havana in the middle of the night
with cigars on his left and beer on his right
he argues with arms flailing with all his might
but never stops to think if everything is alright
his unpredictable pattern of consumer behaviour
behooves him to make Adam Smith his saviour
for people in his country are alloted limited goods
through ration cards as if he can predict one's moods

.....(that is coherent for you?...
Uh, not really - any links to this book of yours?  Amazon.com doesn't seem to carry it, and the only web page with that title seems to be based in the U.S.

Although, I have to say, a number of people seem to have copied your little ditty there without crediting you....

I did not publish them. The chapbook has 45 poems in it. I don't want to get fired again. Fidel is King here in Canada! He got men in CF. Anonymity is the best option.

asianhistorian said:
I did not publish them. The chapbook has 45 poems in it. I don't want to get fired again. Fidel is King here in Canada! He got men in CF.

:2c:

asianhistorian said:
I did not publish them. The chapbook has 45 poems in it. I don't want to get fired again. Fidel is King here in Canada! He got men in CF. Anonymity is the best option.
Sorry, I guess I misunderstood this bit that you typed earlier on....
asianhistorian said:
The enthusiastic type who fell for me for my intellect finally became cold upon her discovery that I wrote a book critical of Fidel. She cannot really look at me straight in they eye. `I`m scared of you, ___ (me)``

asianhistorian said:
Journey man does not believe me that I wrote a book.
I merely asked the title.

Mind you, I've been to Cuba recently; maybe I was directed to ask....   :whistle:

:pop:

Jim Seggie said:
I won't even go to Mexico and they are a democracy.....

I actually just got back from Mexico and had a fantastic time. The Mayan Riviera is awesome.

asianhistorian said:

Free advice is worth what you paid for it, even more so when given on the internet, however:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

:2c:

2 Cdo said:
I actually just got back from Mexico and had a fantastic time. The Mayan Riviera is awesome.

Yup some sleepy little towns not overrun by touristas where you can kick back and enjoy a cold beer. Tulum is well worth  the visit as long as you get there before the bus tour hordes from Cancun arrive.

Oh Asianhistorian Fidel called  he said "come back all is forgiven companero." 8)

Danjanou said:
Yup some sleepy little towns not overrun by touristas where you can kick back and enjoy a cold beer. Tulum is well worth  the visit as long as you get there before the bus tour hordes from Cancun arrive.

Oh Asianhistorian Fidel called  he said "come back all is forgiven companero." 8)

Funny you mentioning Tulum as that was one of our first stops once we got there.  Also checked out Chichen Itza and Coba.

I've done bigger Mayan sites, Copan in Honduras and Tikal in Guatemala but Tulum perched on the cliff overlooking that turquoise water was photographers dream.

Danjanou said:
I've done bigger Mayan sites, Copan in Honduras and Tikal in Guatemala but Tulum perched on the cliff overlooking that turquoise water was photographers dream.

What's the phrase real estate agents use,  LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! 8)

Danjanou said:
the cliff overlooking that turquoise water was photographers dream.

Did you take any photos ?  :D

Cuba is also the largest repository of classic american cars from the 50s.
Lots of photos here: http://www.cuba-pictures.com/index.html

scroll the page...

Tulum is spectacular, even if it is not as grand in design as Chichen Itza. Beings much younger, but just as foolish, I climbed the latter on Christmas Day 1977.

57Chevy said:
Did you take any photos ?  :D

Cuba is also the largest repository of classic american cars from the 50s.
Lots of photos here: http://www.cuba-pictures.com/index.html

scroll the page...

Of Cuba or Mexico?  Thousands in both places and elsewhere actually

TulumMexicoSepia.jpg

Tulum

HavanaCubaBW.jpg

Habana

asianhistorian said:

He could have a point. Apparently there are 78 to 81 Democrat members of Congress who are known members of the Communist Party.

At least according to Congressman Allan West (R- Fla.)  :Tin-Foil-Hat:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/republican-rep-allen-west-suggests-many-congressional-democrats-are-communists/2012/04/11/gIQApbZiAT_blog.html

The best part of that article:

Another CPC member, Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-Ore.), pointed to a more recent member of Congress who accused his colleagues of being Communists: former Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham (R-Calif.), who is now in federal prison after a corruption conviction.

“Mr. West is in really very extraordinary company here,” DeFazio said. ”He should get in touch with Duke in prison, and they can chat about this conspiracy that's going on.”

:rofl:

Back