• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things Joint Sigs Regt/JSR (merged)

I just did my OJE before course.... They are going to bring back 2 Sqn but it's not for the intent of an EW sqn....

Ack, just answered your PM. Bring back to me implied bringing back the 2 EW Sqn from 1CDHSR.

The "2 Sqn" was going to be a mini sqn (a super troop if you will) of computer types that did IT/IS functions within garrison

Its not going to happen.  The idea was Poop-canned.

What exactly do the 'computer types' do at JSR these days?

Garrison support, TLAN, Helpdesk, IS Stores and the are bringing in an LCSS Server Sect.

JSR OP said:
The "2 Sqn" was going to be a mini sqn (a super troop if you will) of computer types that did IT/IS functions within garrison

Its not going to happen.  The idea was Poop-canned.

When did it get poop canned? I was there until 21 March of this year, and when I left, the idea was prominent.

It was never really there.  It was an idea that was being tossed around.  1 Sqn is going to grow by a few IST to accomodate the "new" networks.

murrdawg said:
When did it get poop canned? I was there until 21 March of this year, and when I left, the idea was prominent.

I think it was poopcanned during the CO's retreat.

211RadOp said:
Garrison support, TLAN, Helpdesk, IS Stores and the are bringing in an LCSS Server Sect.

Lets not forget the ever so exciting world of Information Management...

A troop is going to be tac rad. B troop will be Tlan IST positions and EDS kits with accis op's as there aren't enough ist guys to go around. 3 Sqn is supposed to be garison support, although I'm not sure what they do. 1Sqn D troop handles help desk, it supply, and it support which is where I'm at,all together along with some lcss stuff if people have security clearances. Although the dust hasn't really settled after the change a couple weeks ago, so we'll see how it goes.

BearPusher said:
3 Sqn is supposed to be garison support

3 Sqn is supposed to be Garrison support??  Where on earth did you hear that ???

I am in 3 Sqn, and we do no garrison support.  We are strickly support to operations.

Thought I heard that in one of the many briefs we got, I guess I was quite wrong on that one.

Hey guys not trying to derail a thread but I didn't think my question warrented a new topic.

I am posted to CFJSR in Aug and I was wondering what the dress of the day is for Naval DEU pers at JSR ? I assumed it was combats but I received an email that was sent, and disseminated down to me, that states that Naval DEU pers should be in NCDs.

If anyone would like a copy of the email, PM me and I will be happy to forward it to you.

Someone in the sandbox with me here said they'll be one of JSR's LCSS Server det people when they're back after tour. Interesting, I can't wait to see what they try and do with good ole' LCSS! Sure ain't no DWAN or CSNI!

Good Luck JSR, you're the army's all-in-one toolbox! Although I'm sure you're all very used to that by now...

Back