• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things Joint Sigs Regt/JSR (merged)

Sig Joeschmo said:
Good Luck JSR, you're the army's all-in-one toolbox!

Kinda funny since we don't even belong to the army....yet.....

211RadOp said:
CADPAT for all.

Even the sailors.

Not surprising.  When I was in 1 CSR, the whole regiment drove itself to be the PT equals of the Airborne.  Do they still do that?

Sig Joeschmo said:
Someone in the sandbox with me here said they'll be one of JSR's LCSS Server det people when they're back after tour. Interesting, I can't wait to see what they try and do with good ole' LCSS! Sure ain't no DWAN or CSNI!

Good Luck JSR, you're the army's all-in-one toolbox! Although I'm sure you're all very used to that by now...

We will do what we have done since CFJSR was stood up in 2000.  Provide the service wanted. 

211RadOp said:
We will do what we have done since CFJSR was stood up in 2000.  Provide the service wanted.

Indeed, and I eventually wouldn't mind giving your unit a shot in a few years for a change of pace.

If anyone there does have any questions about LCSS, feel free to fire me a PM anyways.

You guys should really bug for the new LCSS courses CFSCE is starting to train ppl on. Good place to start anyways. Better than a kick in the rear.

Geez, wondering if I am even going to recognize the place when I get back there from the sandbox??

:blotto:

Vern, the only thing that has changed since you left (in Sp Sqn anyway) are the faces.  1 and 3 Sqn may change a bit, but not in the services provided.

211RadOp said:
Vern, the only thing that has changed since you left (in Sp Sqn anyway) are the faces.  1 and 3 Sqn may change a bit, but not in the services provided.

Faces and uniform boot appearance.  >:D

From the RSM, you will wear a blue t-shirt for all PT.  As well, only issue boots will be worn except for BFT or field exercises.

As I recall, JSR 3sqn was required to wear the blue PT shirt 4 years ago.. No?

211RadOp said:
As well, only issue boots will be worn except for BFT or field exercises.

Unless you have a chit (not necessarily medical, either).  Right?

PMedMoe said:
Unless you have a chit (not necessarily medical, either).  Right?

Interesting in that boots that are purchased by the system for you, either due to medical chit or special sizing requirement, are indeed ISSUED to your clothing docs. If we are buying your boots, then you do not also get standard/normally stocked boots issued to you too.

So, technically, an order of "issued boots only" can ONLY apply to boots that a troop buys on his own and with his own funds.

ArmyVern said:
So, technically, an order of "issued boots only" can ONLY apply to boots that a troop buys on his own and with his own funds.

Exactly.  I wonder, does the RSM have access to everyone's clothing docs?  ???

ArmyVern said:
So, they finally came up with a shirt did they?

Sqn  T-Shirts may be coming out soon with new logos designed by our webmaster/Regt photo tech/graphic designer/IM Sect SharePoint guy...  I think I got all his hats in there....

PMedMoe said:
Exactly.  I wonder, does the RSM have access to everyone's clothing docs?  ???

Nope, but I can assure you that during my time as the Clothing Stores supervisor I had planty of RSMs (& CSMs) call to query whether normal stocked, LPOd or custom boots were on Soldier XXXX's charge.

Ergo...I'm sure there are higher pri things to be doing than running about playing boot police.

Jammer said:
Ergo...I'm sure there are higher pri things to be doing than running about playing boot police.

All is good ... unless you happen to be an RSM or a CSM because then, playing boot police, is part of your job requirements (4 Big Ds - Dress, Drill, Deportment, Discipline).

Don't like that 'lil factoid -- don't become one.

211RadOp said:
From the RSM, you will wear a blue t-shirt for all PT.  As well, only issue boots will be worn except for BFT or field exercises.

I remember when Lmn had 2 style boots, 'Poleclimbers' and boots - 'shi77y, Kodiak style'. Now line up 10 Lmn - 10 different boots. Glad I'm nowhere near the mothership. GO VIBERG!  ;D

Back