• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things Supply

dangerboy said:
Not being supply I feel hesitant to put my input in, but I suggest that as a Pte you don't contact the LCMM directly bring it up to your chain of command and let your unit RQ (or the senior supply tech) contact them.  They might have more information as to the reasons why and with their rank and position be able to get a better answer.

Halifax Tar said:
If you are uncomfortable doing this engage your CoC with the info you now have ;)

Thank you Dangerboy - Unless you have a legitimate position causing you to have to deal directly with Ottawa, honestly - don't. As both have said, if anyone has any issues with a Clothing activity, going the right route is the best policy. Ask to speak to the IC of the Front Counter (don't go the IC of Clothing at first) - pose your issue professionally, courteously and direct. Accept the answer you are given as we will not lie to you. The IC of the Front Counter is in place to help the customer with their problems, not the IC Clothing. If you really still don't understand (or even like) the answer you are being given that's well within your rights. REQUEST to speak with the Sgt or WO.

I get that it's frustrating for you as the customer at times. Believe me, it's just as frustrating being on my side of the counter. We are here to help, not hinder. But at the end of the day, like every other trade in the CAF, we have policies, regs and rules we have to follow.

In plain English (Halifax Tar summed it up quite well) we are at the mercy of circumstances beyond our control. The boots? I can tell you that there is no warehouse on any base in Canada (exception being Montreal and Edmonton) that can accommodate the number of boots we need to keep on hand to issue to everyone and any given time. So, when new kit comes available, we operate on what's called an "implementation" order. IOW, Phase 1 will see Units A, B and C. Phase 2 (approx 4 months later) will see D, E and F. Thereafter, finally G, H - Z. This alleviates the need for warehousing space and mass "clogging" at the counter. Remember, while you are my only priority when you stand in front of me, we have 5000+ priorities!

This is the same for the raincoats, ICBs, MOBs... Add this to TSRs (Technical Service Requests) which happen daily and usually encompass 15 - 100 pers, five to twenty pieces of kit and takes 8 personnel from serving you, the customer...

As always, I can and will answer any question you throw at me. Sometimes you will not like my answer, but I will answer the question - not just Clothing (but this seems to be where most of the action is!)

Back