• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Annual Army Run (merged)

85% sold out according an email yesterday. At $80 for the half, they aren't doing themselves any favours, compared to other races out there that are way cheaper and sell out quickly

As someone that runs a lot and has done 95 marathons over the years, I find the prices of races these days ludicrous

I am a sucker for punishment, and have signed up for the Half again.  Sigh.  time to get some miles in.

opcougar said:
85% sold out according an email yesterday. At $80 for the half, they aren't doing themselves any favours, compared to other races out there that are way cheaper and sell out quickly

As someone that runs a lot and has done 95 marathons over the years, I find the prices of races these days ludicrous

It's not a regular running event, it's a fundraiser too.

The net proceeds go to military family support programs as well as military members injured in combat (Army Run - fundraising).

Regards
G2G

I'm not sure if this is the best forum to ask this.

http://www.armyrun.ca/
it's no secret that the annual CF army run is becoming more and more popular.

I was looking into registering either just on my own or putting a team together to run.  I was surprised at the price.  $85 for someone to enter after 15 June deadline ($65 before).  I've never did one of these before, is it common to pay $85 to enter one of these races?

Why does it cost $85? I thought that perhaps the money goes to a charity or something however I noticed there is an additional spot to donate money.  So I'm guessing the money goes towards the T shirts, dogtags and bling?  Does any of the $85 get donated to charitable organizations?

Considering the nature of the CF and the last minute changes we are always faced with I'm surprised there is a  nontransferable condition when you sign up.

Not 100% sure but I think on the CANFORGEN that came out about the run recently it says where the money goes.

ObedientiaZelum said:
Does any of the $85 get donated to charitable organizations?

"Fundraising efforts from the Canada Army Run support Soldier On and the Military Families Fund.":
http://www.armyrun.ca/fundraising/

Thanks. I was confused when reading it, I thought the additional "donate" meant that money donated specifically, goes to the Soldier On and family fund.

I wasn't sure if any of the $85  fee goes to the fund itself.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
CRAP!!!  Sold out already.

Bruce, I'd gladly give you my spot, but I promised the wife that I'd drag my sorry a$$ out for 5 km with her this year.  I'd rather bike 40 km off-road than run 5 on pavement.

Occam said:
Bruce, I'd gladly give you my spot, ....

Cancellation Policy
Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. Nor can we transfer your entry to another participant or to another year.

Sorry, but you would be SOL if you would off-road.

ME

Bruce Monkhouse said:
CRAP!!!  Sold out already.

Will this be the first time you have missed it?

I am signed up for the half - did 15 km this morning - can't believe how slow I am.  Mind you, I have the Mountain Man to do first, so I imagine that I will be slow on race day anyway....

PPCLI Guy said:

I am signed up for the half - did 15 km this morning - can't believe how slow I am.  Mind you, I have the Mountain Man to do first, so I imagine that I will be slow on race day anyway....

You are doing Mountain Man  and the Army Run the same day?

I think I will go walk around the block....you know, in acknowledgement to your achievements....it's inspiring me..... ;D

I was hoping he would do Ironman and then run along the TCH from Edmonton to Ottawa, arriving just in time to do the Army Run. For PR purposes Strike and a photographer could accompany him to record his exploits for posterity.

Lol - no.  I am doing MM on 30 Aug, and the Army Run on 23 Sep or whenever it is.  At my age, that may as well be the same day....

PPCLI Guy said:
Lol - no.  I am doing MM on 30 Aug, and the Army Run on 23 Sep or whenever it is.  At my age, that may as well be the same day....

Sorry for the misinterpretation....I was actually in awe of you, if that was the case.... ;D

My youngest was just telling me how he's doing the fifth leg of the DeathRace in Aug, then the Mountain Man in Sept....Does Shilo run the same race as you guys do?  :dunno:

GAP said:
Sorry for the misinterpretation....I was actually in awe of you, if that was the case.... ;D

My youngest was just telling me how he's doing the fifth leg of the DeathRace in Aug, then the Mountain Man in Sept....Does Shilo run the same race as you guys do?  :dunno:

Yes they do.  I may have to break your youngest leg, he sounds fast. ;)

MJP said:
Yes they do.  I may have to break your youngest leg, he sounds fast. ;)

Hell, you're his motivation......he's bound and determined to best you.......good luck with that.... ;D

Old Sweat said:
I was hoping he would do Ironman and then run along the TCH from Edmonton to Ottawa, arriving just in time to do the Army Run. For PR purposes Strike and a photographer could accompany him to record his exploits for posterity.

Well, I'll be in Cozumel for my brother's wedding for the MM and won't be running the Army Run this year so unfortunately PPCLI Guy is going to have to find someone else to kick his behind across the finish line!  (By the way, CCA even mentioned how it was too bad you wouldn't have me as a running partner this year  ;D)

PPCLI Guy said:

No,...I missed the second year also.
I must admit I never dreamed for a second it would be sold this early,...............good on the organizers.

I guess it's just the "Tough Mudder" for me this year. :-[

Maybe next year we can organize an army.ca team?

Contributors can hmgwt some kind of icon beside ther name and left over $ can goto the server?

Back