• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Annual issue of T4s

NFLD Sapper said:
MPRR function is not working yet...

There are also some system issues with HRMS when trying to run MPRR's as well.  So at the present time, I think MM is the only reliable place to get one.

DAA said:
There are also some system issues with HRMS when trying to run MPRR's as well.  So at the present time, I think MM is the only reliable place to get one.

But you got to remember MM pulls from all those other programs and does not send to them....so expect MM MPRR it be unreliable too...

Any awesome clerks know when they'll be available on EMAA, I don't recall if they were available mid-Feb or end-Feb last year. Thanks!

NFLD Sapper said:
But you got to remember MM pulls from all those other programs and does not send to them....so expect MM MPRR it be unreliable too...

MM does not pull.  MM receives periodic updates and maintains a parallel database.  So if the updates fail, MM will continue to reflect old data.

dapaterson said:
MM does not pull.  MM receives periodic updates and maintains a parallel database.  So if the updates fail, MM will continue to reflect old data.

Exactly and if memory serves me correct, data dumps from HRMS are done every weekend.

Towards_the_gap said:
So...having released last march, I should expect mine around April 2015?

If you have kept your address information up to date you should receive them in the mail.

bouncer2004 said:
Any awesome clerks know when they'll be available on EMAA, I don't recall if they were available mid-Feb or end-Feb last year. Thanks!

See the link for details but still no date yet as to when they will be available --->  http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-pay/pay-statement-inserts.page

Probably won't be any further announcement until the mid-Feb pay run.

Towards_the_gap said:
So...having released last march, I should expect mine around April 2015?

It was always my understanding that CRA requires all employers to have T4s and other tax related "slips" issued by 1 Apr of any given year. 

Schindler's lift said:
It was always my understanding that CRA requires all employers to have T4s and other tax related "slips" issued by 1 Apr of any given year.

Right out of the Employers Guide provided by CRA under "Responsibilities". 

"•File the T4 Summary, together with the related T4 slips, on or before the last day of February following the calendar year to which the slips apply."

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/rc4120/rc4120-e.html#P117_6680

So, I think it is safe to say, that T4's will be available NLT 28 Feb 14.    :)  If you want to get a jump on prepping your Tax Return, you can always use the figures from your "end-December" Pay Statement.

DAA said:

"•File the T4 Summary, together with the related T4 slips, on or before the last day of February following the calendar year to which the slips apply."

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/rc4120/rc4120-e.html#P117_6680

So, I think it is safe to say, that T4's will be available NLT 28 Feb 14.    :)  If you want to get a jump on prepping your Tax Return, you can always use the figures from your "end-December" Pay Statement.

True.  The only thing is I coldn't figure out the pension adjustment...but it only relates to how much RRSP room I get for the year and no impact on refunds.

bouncer2004 said:
True.  The only thing is I coldn't figure out the pension adjustment...but it only relates to how much RRSP room I get for the year and no impact on refunds.

If you google site:cra.gc.ca Pension Adjustment  you'll find numerous references on how to calculate the PA.  Lots of fun at parties...

That said, it is worth checking.  I know one person (non-military) whose pay office miscalculated their PA; I helped walk them through the process and then helped walk their payroll office through the process.  End result - a revised T4, and a friend who watches every pay statement like a hawk in case of more such errors.

DAA said:

Maybe I just don't understand the challenge involved but one would think it would be fairly easy to hi the enter key and send out the e-version of T4s before the last day of Feb. I just don't understand why the wait.

I like getting my taxes in ASAP. Waiting till the last day to do your taxes leaves no room for error.

Back