• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Another Afghanistan Poll to Hit Before They Yank It

Poll  Do you support the use of Canadian troops for security and combat efforts in Afghanistan?
Yes
63.50 %

No
35.35 %

Don't care
1.15 %

My girlfriend constantly remarks about us in Iraq, now I think she either does it to bother me, or she just doesn't care... Which is even worse. I tried, anyways...

-Paul

And again ...

Poll  Do you support the use of Canadian troops for security and combat efforts in Afghanistan?
Yes
65.06 %

No
33.85 %

Don't care
1.09 %

What, are people getting home from work now??  ;D

Yeah, I noticed some resistance too... I'm going to shoot for raising by one percent, or half an hour, whichever comes first... I'll report back...

-Paul

Fyuri said:
Yeah, I noticed some resistance too... I'm going to shoot for raising by one percent, or half an hour, whichever comes first... I'll report back...

-Paul

Resistance?? No ... now that I'm home it's allowed me to vote again!!

Polls ... wonderfully democratic aren't they?? Just goes to prove how absolutely unreliable they are when one side goes in polling & looking for a certain outcome (or in this case when the other side does & gives them a taste of their very own bitter medicine).

Oh ok, I had noticed it dropping by a couple tenths of a percent, even after I had submitted a Yes. I thought you were referring to the "No"s getting home.

-Paul

Yes
67.93 %

No
31.09 %

Don't care
0.98 %

Fyuri said:
Oh ok, I had noticed it dropping by a couple tenths of a percent, even after I had submitted a Yes. I thought you were referring to the "No"s getting home.

-Paul

And I noticed that it's on it's way back up again. Suspect that I'm not the only one now coming in at it from a different IP addy than earlier today.

These polls are USELESS!!! Wake UP Canada. Whether we post the link here, or some org like Valcartier2007 posts it on their site ... these things are simply NOT accurate.

Just like the internet, the polling companies are hired by someone to run these things. Whether they direct poll in a certain neighbourhood with a known voting block, or phone a list of persons from a party membership list; it just doesn't matter. Polls are influenced based on their wording, and the manner & place where with the poll is taken. Statistics and Polls mean diddly squat.

Poll   Do you support the use of Canadian troops for security and combat efforts in Afghanistan?
Yes
70.07 %

No
29.02 %

Don't care
0.92 %

It's hit 70%.

Oh, and you don't need a different IP. Just clear your browser's history every time, and you're set.

-Paul

P.S. It makes me laugh that this is going to be taken as a "credible" source by the Windsor Star. It's already mediocre journalism at best (not intended to offend anyone, but I've read too many stories with skewn facts). This is just ludicrous... Oh well, at least it'll be some GOOD news for once!

Fyuri said:
Poll   Do you support the use of Canadian troops for security and combat efforts in Afghanistan?
Oh, and you don't need a different IP. Just clear your browser's history every time, and you're set.

-Paul

Cool.

Poll   Do you support the use of Canadian troops for security and combat efforts in Afghanistan?
Yes
70.13 %

No
28.96 %

Don't care
0.91 %

or just open another window and cut and paste the link ;D

edit:
"About 1,000 adult Canadians were interviewed for the poll and the results are considered accurate within 3.1 percentage points, 19 times out of 20." oh really

3rd Herd said:
"About 1,000 adult Canadians were interviewed for the poll and the results are considered accurate within 3.1 percentage points, 19 times out of 20." oh really

Ok, THAT'S funny... You know what would be awesome? If some of the floppers (people who don't really have an opinion, but just like to go with the general one) see this and decide they all of a sudden support it... Not that their approval should be taken for much worth, but it would be worth it for the comedy factor.

-Paul

This is so awesome!  ;D  Let's do this with ALL the Afghanistan polls we find!

I'll stay on the lookout, and will advise as when I come across one.

We're losing ground. Someone is hammering the 'no' vote button.

Yes
68.33 %

No
29.11 %

Don't care
2.56 %

recceguy said:
We're losing ground. Someone is hammering the 'no' vote button.

What?? I thought staff at the paper weren't allowed to vote lest the skew the results??  ;)

Yes
69.81 %

No
27.77 %

Don't care
2.42 %

Yes
70.02 %

No
27.59 %

Don't care
2.39 %

Back