• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Another case of issued kit on E-Bay?

YeOldFootman

Inactive
Reaction score
I don't know if the policy regarding surplus kit has changed as of late, so correct me if I'm wrong (not that it matters as I doubt this is surplus in the first place).

Canadian Forces FPV:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/cadpat-body-armor-frag-vest-SAPI-plate-carrier_W0QQitemZ190063634976QQihZ009QQcategoryZ36071QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The vest design in the photos appear to be genuine (My refence is the CTS documents)

George Wallace said:
Once more..................  ::)

WARNING

When you find items like this on E-Bay, follow the advice given above to call the MPs and give them all the information, with as much detail as possible.  They will deal with the matter.  DO NOT take it upon yourself to contact in any way, shape or form the person selling these items, as then you may compromise a Police Investigation.  You may be called in as a Witness, if you have evidence.  You may, if you have interferred with a Police Investigation, become an Accessory to a Crime.  You may in turn become the only one to be Charged for a Criminal Act, should the 'real' criminal be warned off. 

So be wary of what you do in these open forums and on the internet at large.

How many times must we tell people this?

I guess your uninformed guest is right.                                          ;D

When is there NOT issued kit on ebay? Everytime I look, I see something that appears to have been issued, and isn't likely to be surplus.

JDB said:
When is there NOT issued kit on ebay? Everytime I look, I see something that appears to have been issued, and isn't likely to be surplus.

More than likely it was stolen from the suply system and hocked on to Ebay.

This has happened in the past and the pers who did it have already been charged and sentenced/ punted completely.

More than likely it'll happen to this one as well.

Report it like George said.

Regards

Looks like an actual business if you read his feedback.. he has sold at least a couple of others.. but that's not my job to do the sleuthing.. it's for the MPs..

Infidel-6 said:
whatcha think I should bid for it  ;D
The guy is selling a bullet proof vest yet he strongly recomends you don't use it for it's intended purpose. Some kind of alarm bells are going off in my head, how about yours?

Strictly speaking it is a FPV - Fragmentation Protective Vest...

Well I bid it to $200 USD...

George Wallace said:
How many times must we tell people this?

WOW....that cautionary you've quote is pretty scary.  I'm wondering how naive some people would think to ad such items and NOT expect to get busted?

justmyalias said:
WOW....that cautionary you've quote is pretty scary.  I'm wondering how naive some people would think to ad such items and NOT expect to get busted?

Right, cause everyone who sells stolen items or commits fraud on Ebay is always caught..............

old man neri said:
Right, cause everyone who sells stolen items or commits fraud on Ebay is always caught..............

On civilian items...  who knows

On military items... the percentage is higher than what you may think.

Many a store and person have had their door knocked on within Canada
for selling cadpat items that were issue...  to verify its source.  I've heard
good stories from friends in the industry.

Recce By Death said:
More than likely it was stolen from the suply system and hocked on to Ebay.

This has happened in the past and the pers who did it have already been charged and sentenced/ punted completely.

More than likely it'll happen to this one as well.

Report it like George said.

Regards

I think its just the government hates seeing its kit get a better price than what they paid for it.
I seem to recall a certain Icebreaker...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2005/07/29/ebay-icbreaker050729.html

career_radio-checker said:
I think its just the government hates seeing its kit get a better price than what they paid for it.
I seem to recall a certain Icebreaker...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2005/07/29/ebay-icbreaker050729.html

No, the gov't hates seeing people stealing from them. The ice breaker thing was perfectly legal.

The reason for the cautioning is to cover his behind, legally speaking.. if some dork goes out and gets his "pal" to shoot at him/throw nades at him and he dies.. the seller is probably covered.

So just a tad curious...I was doing some perusing on eBay (as I usually do) and came across a horde of goodies that shouldn't be there. The only thing is that the seller is in Germany.

Advice for further action?

Lerch said:
So just a tad curious...I was doing some perusing on eBay (as I usually do) and came across a horde of goodies that shouldn't be there. The only thing is that the seller is in Germany.

Advice for further action?
Fly to Germany and kick their ass

Back