• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Another Shooting in T.O., and one Councillor wants the army to come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rayman said:
Err...Wade? Im not sure where to begin but something like that will never happen. Police cant just bust in on anyone and run them down. Those who were born here are Canadian Citizens. Even though they act like total hooligans and cause trouble they still are protected. Its rather unprofessional and im sure many law enforcement officers who are on here would agree that these Blitzkreig type crack downs while they might produce results, may cause something like a war zone. Should something be done to clean up the streets? Yes. Im from an area close to there and know what its like. Ive been robbed right in the halls of a high school I went to in that vicinity. Police are doing what they can. As well is it the neighbourhoods fault that theres one or two people who screw it up for everyone? What about the kids that are in that neighbourhood? They lose their rights cause some scum bag thinks hes all that? Im not sure how to go about solving a problem like this. But im sorry reading your post and your ideas reminds me of the Holocaust in WW2. The whole neighbourhood gives up its rights? Sounds to me like that area effectively becomes a ghetto. Busting in on everyone with a "F*** em' all no regrets" attitude? Isnt that what the Nazis did to the Jewish in Europe?
"Police cant just bust in on anyone and run them down. "

Again, I DO NOT KNOW MUCH about the laws however I say that the Army can/should be given the free will too do exactly that.

"Those who were born here are Canadian Citizens. Even though they act like total hooligans and cause trouble they still are protected."

And perhaps that is the very problem that allows these shitholes to persist? and these neighborhoods are shitholes, if you can't be at a certain part of the neighborhood because of fear of humans, it is a *******...  and should be "cleaned up"...

"... these Blitzkreig type crack downs while they might produce results, may cause something like a war zone."
Which is why the Army would be there...

" Should something be done to clean up the streets? Yes."
We agree!

"As well is it the neighbourhoods fault that theres one or two people who screw it up for everyone? What about the kids that are in that neighbourhood? They lose their rights cause some scum bag thinks hes all that? "

It is not their fault per say but they are still subject to that unsafe living environment.  Something has to be done, and conventional law enforcement doesn't seem to work because the law is apparently on the side of the HOOLIGANS.  Also, I think it is more then just a couple people that frig up a neighborhood... What about those kids?  Yeah, lets not temporarily take their rights away so they can continue to grow up exposed to these "THUGS" and HOPE and PRAY to (name your god) that they travel down the right path. Or, we can take their rights away (temporarily) and set an example showing people what happens when you go down the wrong path...    like I said though, on top of that force, you also have to put in place positive programs for the kids to participate in...  like, music, sports, science clubs... etc...hell, even on top of that you have to make sure such activities can be sustained, meaning their parents have good paying jobs, low utility expenses  etc so their child can participate without worry in these positive programs..

" Im not sure how to go about solving a problem like this. But im sorry reading your post and your ideas reminds me of the Holocaust in WW2. The whole neighbourhood gives up its rights?"

You're not sure, I am pretty damn sure how to do it...

You said it yourself that it probably would produce results...  and yeah I honestly think that at the moment the neighborhood becomes too dangerous to go out at night due to HUMANS it has therefore given up its rights entirely.  The Military shall teach that neighborhood that it is a group effort in maintaining a healthy/happy neighborhood?

"Sounds to me like that area effectively becomes a ghetto. Busting in on everyone with a "F*** em' all no regrets" attitude?"

Yeah well, it isn't like you will be busting in their shooting..obviously only kill those who pose a threat/resist...  and well, this neighborhood we are talking about seems to have a F***em all no regrets attitude, why should we give them anything less?   

These neighborhoods we are talking about.  They are those parts of town you don't feel safe in, the known dangerous areas of town.  I just do not find this acceptable, I do not think it should be accepted either, and like I have said, the law seems to be on the crooks side...

The absolute worst part about my plan is many innocent people will be woken up late at night with their door busted open, being searched by the military.. and it is possible that some good law abiding citizens will be scared shitless at the noise, (hopefully the military ID's their selves quickly to the occupants) pick up a weapon to defend their self (from the perceived hooligans) and end up shot to death by a military member ,,,  :'( I think that is the worst part of my idea, however, does this out weigh the fact that the area continues to be a hazard to the law abiding citizens if nothing changes...?    essentially what we are doing is dedicating (unwritten) a certain area of the city as "dangerous, high crime area" IF nothing is done... Which again is very foolish IMO...  it should be squashed...

Infidel-6 said:
Your a frightening little Hitler aren't you..

Who do you want to exterminate next?

pedophiles. I would have no problems with doing it personally.

(I was born on roughly the same day as Hitler. FYI)

wade.w said:
pedophiles. I would have no problems with doing it personally.

(I was born on roughly the same day as Hitler. FYI)

Thank you - you've now violated the site guide lines.

CYa.

wade.w said:
The absolute worst part about my plan is many innocent people will be woken up late at night with their door busted open, being searched by the military.. and it is possible that some good law abiding citizens will be scared shitless at the noise, (hopefully the military ID's their selves quickly to the occupants) pick up a weapon to defend their self (from the perceived hooligans) and end up shot to death by a military member ,,,  :'( I think that is the worst part of my idea, however, does this out weigh the fact that the area continues to be a hazard to the law abiding citizens if nothing changes...?    essentially what we are doing is dedicating (unwritten) a certain area of the city as "dangerous, high crime area" IF nothing is done... Which again is very foolish IMO...  it should be squashed...

I dont think thats the worst part of your idea. Not only is something like that unnecessary its also just wrong. You harrass the innocent like that and all you will get is a civil war. Its killing the same people that ALL the members of the Canadian Forces swore to protect from day one. Taking away someones rights temporarily to teach them a lesson? Whats that going to teach? That if you cant afford to live in a nicer area of Toronto you are subject to losing your rights as a citizen? You know I could sit here all night disecting that post pointing out fallacy after fallacy but I will say this. This from someone who lived in one of these neighbourhoods (trust me...at night with the window open id hear the wind, the 401, and a 31 Division cruiser or two off to something), is not the answer.

Wow....

Oh well, confirmed what many here thought with that last engagement.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back