• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anti Mine Boot.

Cpl. Williamson

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/mines/wellco2/

WELLCO ENTERPRISES INC - ANTI-PERSONNEL MINE PROTECTIVE AND BLAST PROTECTIVE FOOTWEAR
Since 1965, Wellco Enterprises Inc has been a leading producer of military footwear for the United States Defense Department. Our combat boot lines include standard issue boots (such as the all-leather Combat Boot, the Black Tropical or Jungle Boot and the Desert Boot), new lightweight combat boots, which feature running shoe technology, and Anti-Personnel Mine Protective or Blast Protective boots and overboot...

I Dont know about fellow Sappers and Troops alike. But I For One Will Not Be The One to Walk threw a Field Full of All the Goodies other Countries have.

Heck - can't blame the boffins for trying to come up with a miracle (!)
A couple of years ago, there was this weird-assed "disco/platform" boot - the "main ingredient" was simply stand-off distance, and they had these HUGE, tapered soles (kinda reminiscent of v-shaped hulls those South African vehicles have)

Sure - wouldn't bet my life on these new boots, but if they save somebody's life, good.
So, until they develop the ones with force fields ... we'll still watch where we're walking and stay inside the mine tape when we can, I guess.

I don't know if we still have them but we had a anti blast boot for the Eng.
The sole had a V design to deflect the blast to limit the blast effect of A.P.'s

Currently in the Operational Kit in Afganistan we have boots........they are called Spider Boots. They are designed by MedEng and are designed to give you great standoff for AP mines. Do we use them?? Hell no............to weird.

CHIMO!

anti mine boots? heh sounds like an infanteer tool.

you step on a mine chances are the boot will be wearing you for protection

http://www.ccmat.gc.ca/NewsBriefs/nb_004/index_e.html

They work and are a useful tool. Obviously there would never be employed during warfighting but for PSO they are handy.

Chimo!

Back