• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anxiety/OCD/meds (merged)

She plays rugby, is a teacher now, I'm a 'trying not to be overweight' military hopeful'. I figured she was right behind me.

At least she let me hide in her car.

Fitness Update!

Weight- 208lbs
Pushups- 25
Crunches- 30

Slowly but surely.

I should add my running achievements. However, that would be blank:)

Just putting this in here more for my reference as a 'check list' to show how long its personally taking me for everything:

Recruiting Centre: Moncton
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: AC OP
Trade Choice 2: COMM RSCH
Trade Choice 3: ATIS TECH
Application Date: Bringing it in January 3rd, 2011
First Contact: -
Aptitude Test- October 13th, 2010
Med, first interview completed: -
Assessment Centre completed: -
PT Test completed:
Interview completed :
Position Offered:
Basic Training Begins:

Mudshuvel said:
Funny I had this discussion.

Last night, I went for a walk on a dimly lit trail with my ex-girlfriend.

Something started moving around in the bushes, then there was massive splashing under the small walking bridge we were on.

I started booting it out of the woods, was about a 2-minute run from the parking lot.

This was minutes after telling her if zombies came after us I was tripping her.

She wasn't impressed.
You know, She may not be impressed now but if they really do attack she won't have time to not be impressed with you..so..a lose now but later...a WIN!!!!  So..yeah!

Mudshuvel said:
Final, I like your train of thought, ahaha.
I highly suggest you don't tell her that train of thought..well..I mean you could..but I'm thinking you'd prefer to keep your body in one piece.

So, I've been really busy the last week, however that has not stopped me from going to the gym. Finally started my couch to 5k regiment (thanks guys) and successfully completed week 1 day 1. By the end of it my chest was really tight, but I've been cutting back on the smoking and it was -5 out. I'm not even turning in my application til I can do 2.5km so wish me luck until week 5 which is the 2.5 km portion.

Mudshuvel said:
So, I've been really busy the last week, however that has not stopped me from going to the gym. Finally started my couch to 5k regiment (thanks guys) and successfully completed week 1 day 1. By the end of it my chest was really tight, but I've been cutting back on the smoking and it was -5 out. I'm not even turning in my application til I can do 2.5km so wish me luck until week 5 which is the 2.5 km portion.
Congratulations man!  The more you do the better it'll get.  Just takes time~

I'm being the same as you, in the fact that I'm applying after I can run that 2.4km in the allotted time frame.

You never know Final, if you apply around the same time I do and our trades open up, we could end up huffing our way through BMQ together!

Mudshuvel said:
You never know Final, if you apply around the same time I do and our trades open up, we could end up huffing our way through BMQ together!
Never know, But it'd be cool.  I'm thinking of around December-January for applying (And going for Infantry).

Applying around the same time frame, told by my Recruiter that January would be preferred. Going for Aerospace Control Operator, ATIS Technician, Communication Research Operator or the last of my top 5 Plumbing or Refrigeration.

Crossing my fingers.

I heard from an ex-recruiter that openings for AC Op are rare, anyone care to share some insight/experience with that?

Mudshuvel said:
Applying around the same time frame, told by my Recruiter that January would be preferred. Going for Aerospace Control Operator, ATIS Technician, Communication Research Operator or the last of my top 5 Plumbing or Refrigeration.

Crossing my fingers.

I heard from an ex-recruiter that openings for AC Op are rare, anyone care to share some insight/experience with that?
Some pretty cool jobs there, Hopefully you do get your top choices!

Trade Choice 2: COMM RSCH
Trade Choice 3: Plumbing and Heating Technician
Application Date: November 4th, 2010
PT Test completed:
Interview completed :
Position Offered:
Basic Training Begins:

Current job changes have forced me to expedite my process. Putting the necessary docs in sooner via the Online Application to get the ball rolling. I haven't lost my job, but like a lot of other civvie jobs, recession or whatever they are calling it is turning the company I work for upside down. Stay tuned.

Fitness Update!

Weight- 209lbs
Pushups- 35
Crunches- 50

Trade Choice 2: PH Tech
Trade Choice 3: Sig Ops
Application Date: December 1st, 2010 Invited to bring my application in
PT Test completed:
Interview completed :
Position Offered:
Basic Training Begins:

Hi
I read your post,and woundring why did you choose AC operator not AEC officer,and do you think that there is a big difference between them,

bakir said:
Hi
I read your post,and woundring why did you choose AC operator not AEC officer,and do you think that there is a big difference between them,

One is a NCM and the other is an officer.  He is not applying to become an officer.

Fitness Update!

Weight- 203lbs
Pushups- 40
Crunches- 60

Trade Choice 2: ATIS Tech (changed back to ATIS Tech)
Trade Choice 3: AVS Tech (PH Tech will not be open)
Application Date: December 1st, 2010
Interview completed :
Position Offered:
Basic Training Begins:

You're doing great, keep up the good work. I'm not sure how fast you're going to get in, because this time of year tends to be pretty slow. Good luck on your application!

Back