• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any favourite BMQ memories?

A fire team in our section got tied together because they were caught seperated in field (one member was throwing garbage out from lunch, his FTP was 100 feet away). While we were in ack-ack, and they were still tied together, one was swearing about being tied up while the other was in hysterics and laughing, we march along and all of a sudden we hear, "PTUNG.flipflipflipflip". The FTP who was grumbling, his magazine spring popped and 30 rounds spilled to the ground. My fire team partner and I were behind them so we scrambled to help pick them up and quickly reload before we got in poop. Our RCR sergeant came over and said, "20 plus years in the infantry and not once have I ever seen something like this"
We were all in hysterics after this, except for my buddy who was even more pissed off after. LOL

I loved this thread before I joined, and I have so many funny stories of my own. This was one of my favourites.

1975 at CFRS Cornwallis.

One of our brethern bought about 15 cups of orange pop and placed it in the bottom of his locker.

We closed his doors and snapped the lock shut.....he was not happy.... >:D

Yes, Cornwallis. It wasn't called BMQ back then - it was called "Hell". And man we had a helluva time!!

A good few of my stories would probably only be understood by the older "recruits" here! Like the dude who decided to leave on his own... by way of the bay! Or ipecac in the oranges at the top of Heartbreak hill?

I did mine back in 86 in Chilliwack. My favorite was forgetting my name tag (something we all did at least once) and when the Sgt asked me where it was, my mouth worked before my brain did and I replied "don't need it sarge, I memorized it". At grad, he told me that he had the toughest time keeping a straight face as he had never heard that response before.

Back