• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any other fans of the Trailer Park Boys?

fav character

• bubbles

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • ricky

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • julian

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • randy

• Mr lahey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • corey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • trevor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Zartan said:
Actually, the show started out as a movie. If I remember correctly, it was premiered in 1999. It was filmed in black and white. From what I've seen of it, it lacked Bubbles.

Also, the band Bubbles was in was called "Sandbox". Their CD, "Bionic", is fairly common in pawn shops.

You are correct, but they all a full feature movie with a 5million dollar budget coming out in 06.

Zartan said:
Actually, the show started out as a movie. If I remember correctly, it was premiered in 1999. It was filmed in black and white. From what I've seen of it, it lacked Bubbles.

Also, the band Bubbles was in was called "Sandbox". Their CD, "Bionic", is fairly common in pawn shops.

forgot to mention that some of the names changed also. i cant wait until the next movie comes out...

Some of them were changed yeah but they elude to it in the series (for instance, Randy being known as Patrick)

I hope the movie isn't changed... by that I mean I want to see the same "home shot" type of footage - doing otherwise would ruin TPB's feel. But, they've been really good up to this point and have stayed with what works so I have faith they won't do anything stupid or make stupid changes in the movie. I can't wait for it either :)

"Im the green bastard from parts unknown"

Rub chicken wing on layhey's glasses.

"hey trevor you alright? Actually I dont give a F*ck"

I love that show and i cant get enough.

Mr. Lahey, drunk out of his mind, approaching Julian and Bubbles with a broken cigarette hanging out of his mouth and two tanks of propane in his hands.

Mr. Lahey: (singing) "Propane, propane. Propane, propane. Propane, propane. Propane, propane. Propane, propane."

Bubbles: (slowly guiding Mr. Lahey back in the other direction, singing along with him to calm him down) "Propane, propane. Propane, propane. Propane, propane. Propane, pro ... JULIAN what in the **** was HE on?!?!"

Mr. Lahey approaching Julian and Bubbles, as they are preparing to "re-market" stolen barbeques.

Mr. Lahey: "The sh** hawks are comin'."

*Mr. Lahey leaves*

Bubbles: "Julian, what's a sh** hawk? Is it some kinda shitty bird that swoops down and puts poop onto ya?"

Conky episode is the best

"Holy shit! Purple squirrels!"

"It looks like Bubbles has wings and is wrestling Mike Bullard!"

"Bubbles .. do you know what a sh-t barometer is?"

Let's not forget the subsequent sh-t wind ghosts from that.

Then the

"my f--kin thoughts have ... feelings of their own too Bubbles"
"Ricky .. what are you talking about"
"I dunno Bubbles .. I dunno"

We have asked for the TPB to come and visit us in AStan this Dec as part of CANCON - ealry indicatiuons from their manager is that they will take time off from shooting a movie to come visit us - amazing what you get when you ask, huh?

PPCLI Guy said:
We have asked for the TPB to come and visit us in AStan this Dec as part of CANCON - ealry indicatiuons from their manager is that they will take time off from shooting a movie to come visit us - amazing what you get when you ask, huh?

thats gonna be an awsome party.

I love the line when bubbles is like
" and you go to jail, and im left here all by myself... Sh*t hawks flying around... Sh*t ropes coming after me... Sh*tty this and sh*tty that!"

;D

Mr. Lahey, don't you think that's the liquor talking?

Randy, I am the liquor...

God, I love that show!  :cdn:

G!

Oh now how did I forget that quote?? That was one of the best!

When they showed the title of the episode and it said that ... you just know it was gonna be good

I love that show!!!!!!!!

I enjoyed to watch the "special features" on the DVDs as well.

The producer mention that them guys aren't really actors, "they don't have to force it, it's the way they are". He said that it takes 1 or 2 shoots for a scene and that's it, it's good to go!

Just hope that Hollywood won't f... it up and the movie will represent what we're used to...

Well they haven't sold out yet despite numerous offers and the producers said they want to keep it Canadian, so so far their track record is good

TPB are the best my fav episode is the one with Conky. I have to buy the season on DVD when I get the chance .

I'm a huge fan...have 4 seasons on DVD.

The show was filmed in Sackville, but then moved after the real supervisor was afraid of damaging the reputation of the park.  They do have a set up near Cole Harbour, 20 minutes north of Eastern Passage.  Seen it with my own eyes before security told us to leave (look for the "ricky" mobile to have a giant canadian flag painted on it in the movie).

When I was out there last we went on a TPB reality tour - we saw the first season trailer park, King of Donairs, Trinity's old school, the business section of Dartmouth  where Mr Lahey and Ricky had their final showdown in front of the SWAT.....fun times.

"Uh so what am I supposed to do now? Go to the UI or EI office or whatever the frick they call it now and say, hi my name is ahhh Bubbles and I collect shoppin' carts for a living, now gimme a check" I nearly die everytime I hear that!

I love Lahey's s*** analogies:

- We're sailing into a s***storm Randy, so haul in the jib before it gets covered in s***

- We're stuck in a s***icane, and Ricky's the low pressure centre!!!

- Do you know what a s***rope is Julien?  Its a rope, covered in s***, that criminals like try to hold on to, only to slide down, and get their hands covered in s***.

And "Rickyisms"

- Why the hell are you dressed like Indianapolis Jones?

- I dunno, play Diane Sawyer or something (to the Rush guy)

- I must be fire retarded or something. 

The show is filmed on Bissett Road which is off Portland Street in the cole harbour area.

They have been there for over a year now. Rather than going into an existing trailer park, they have created their own.

Back