• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

any RCRs on Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Powers was in 1 Pl. with us also....thats fantastic, thanks again, you're very helpfull. 

:cdn:yep............i was J company, 2RCR........CFB Gagetown...............my CSM was CSM Bentley...........great man..... :salute: :cdn:

I've heard a couple of stories behind the reason that the 3rd company of 1 RCR is called "Charles" Coy.

The one I like the best dates from the Korean war.

The way the story goes is that the officers from Charley Coy. 1 RCR were invited to a mess dinner at another commonwealth regiment.  Instead of attending in combat dress, as were the other invitees, the officers dressed in full mess kit.  The other officers in attendance delcared that our officers were much too well-turned-out to be called "charley" and insisted that we be called "Charles" instead.

X-Royal:  I think we know each other since I think I got off that bus with you from Trenton in Nov. '78.  I'll PM you.

Speaking of ancient Royals, anybody have any good B.J. MacLean stories?

i herd a good one about ol bj,coy ex bj shows up in his iltis,box of dnuts in the back seat the boys were on hard rats for a week.make along story,bj leaves, all the dnuts are gone nobody else but bj ate any..  :warstory:hey foxhound that the kind of story youre lookin for.bj gonna wanna kick my ass :D

Foxhound I've sent you a PM. I still remember we thought we had left Cornwallis and all would be easier now, only to be met by Cpl Fred Ruchiem (spelling may be wrong) who qucikly let us know different.

Best Wishes

Man! Being greeted by Ruckheim (sp?) as the first thing you see after getting off the plane from Cornwallis.  I half expected to hear him say "You rang?" á la Lurch from the Addams Family.  Scary!  >:D

bubba, that sounds like B.J.  Did he ever tell anybody how he REALLY ended up with false teeth?  :blotto:

As for B.J. MaLean and Buzz Gomes we were all on the same tour in Cyprus in 89/90. Know them both.

Best Wishes

man another royal that knows buzz.
what royal doesn't know who buzz is?!?
I guess you can't be a true royal and not know who buzz gomes is, or you're just older than dirt like buzz  8)
Greg

I think I know a CWO Gomes...

Yeoman said:
I'll be down for 4 RCR christmas dinner...

Are you going to go to the dinner or just participate in the extracurricular activities (i.e. getting drunk afterwards :blotto:)?

X Royal said:
As for B.J. MaLean and Buzz Gomes we were all on the same tour in Cyprus in 89/90. Know them both.

Best Wishes

Does B.J.MacLean have red hair? If so, I know him too.

Yeoman said:
man another royal that knows buzz.
what royal doesn't know who buzz is?!?
I guess you can't be a true royal and not know who buzz gomes is, or you're just older than dirt like buzz   8)
Greg

Yes many of us know Buzz Gomes.
There is another Buzz that was with the RCR who was also very well known. Buzz Griden former RSM of 1 RCR & BCWO in London. Sadly he recently passed away.

Does anyone remember an RCR Cpl nicknamed Squirrel, my contact with him was
on UNEF 2.  He ran the Jr Ranks mess in Camp Shams, I have never forgotten the show
he set for Xmas arranging for belly dancers to entertain the troops, not one of them
was smaller than a Sherman tank.  He made life alot easier for us Sigs by running the mess
24 hours a day. If anyone knows him pass on all the best to him.

Regards Old F of S

x royal what coy were you with i was on same tour,williard was my wo.

JBeach said:
I think I know a CWO Gomes...

Are you going to go to the dinner or just participate in the extracurricular activities (i.e. getting drunk afterwards :blotto:)?

your darn right I am beach!
I mean all your crackers had eyes the size of saucer pans when you saw me after stalwart guardian.
you all miss me in 4 RCR, don't lie. minion has forever held a place in that battalion.
I've ran into fink, kat, capt anderson, dannon, and sheffar, and wo uhhhhh.......whathisname?
good ol craig. I better get drunk with em before they head out
Greg

Yeoman said:
your damn right I am beach!
I mean all your crackers had eyes the size of saucer pans when you saw me after stalwart guardian.
you all miss me in 4 RCR, don't lie. minion has forever held a place in that battalion.
I've ran into fink, kat, capt anderson, dannon, and sheffar, and wo uhhhhh.......whathisname?
good ol craig. I better get drunk with em before they head over to Mirage.
Greg

Crackers?
Of course we miss you... ::). It would be nice to go back to the way it used to be. Things have changed a lot in S Coy. I barely know half the troops (1 Pl is mostly new guys), and the new CSM is running things very differently (knowing my luck, he'll probably read this).
I haven't seen WO Kolar lately, is it him?

yeah it's kolar.
I heard that you boys over in sierra where getting it pretty bad over there for the past while.
that's why you shoulda been a tango tiger
is vlasic still kicking around? heard the little wanker stopped showing up! if he still is showing up, tell dave I say hello.
how many new guys did Kirkybird get recruited? last tally I heard was 134, with about 30 of them going to 4 RCR alone.
Greg

We've got about 25 to 30 new guys in S Coy alone. They're all in 1 Pl, with 2 Pl being the more experienced troops. I would have thought that mixing the new guys with the experienced ones would help them develop as soldiers, but apparently the powers-that-be wanted to keep everyone from the summer courses together in 1 Pl. It could also be that they don't want the new guys to be influenced by us in 2 Pl, because we were used to a more laid back atmosphere, and act accordingly.
I'm not sure about how many new guys are in T Coy. Then there's more on the BMQ that's running right now.
I haven't seen Vlasic since Stalwart Guardian. I heard he was getting out.

didn't even know that little bugger was at stalwart. little bugger.
that's a decent chunk of troops to give the death stare, and make me look so hard cuz I'm reg force RCR  8)
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back