• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone from 32 MP (Reserve) Toronto

samuraai2

Inactive
Reaction score
Could anyone from the 32 Military Police reserve platoon in Toronto kindly share their experience on the typical duties the MP reserve are assigned to and the training they receive at this specific platoon? Thanks in advance!

If you have not seen it - there is a thread over on Western Canadian Reserve Military Police on the recruiting side. I suspect that the majority of the PRes MP Platoons across the country are somewhat similar.

Also more info on Blueline.ca

Cheers

ResMP said:
If you have not seen it - there is a thread over on Western Canadian Reserve Military Police on the recruiting side. I suspect that the majority of the PRes MP Platoons across the country are somewhat similar.

Also more info on Blueline.ca

Cheers
Hello ResMP,

Thanks for the information. I checked out the thread you mentioned and it was useful. Do the ResMP in Toronto undergo similar training and do similar law enforcement duties? Because, in the other threads in the forum I found that ResMP are usually not trained to the level of the RegMP and they mostly don't do law enforcement stuff. Do the ResMP undergo the Military Police Academy training at Borden?

Thanks!

PResMP are typically not trained to Regular Force equivalencies. Some opportunities do exist but as a whole the training is different. Still lots of tremendous opportunities in the Reserve for life experience and training. Typically (with a few exceptions) Res MPs do not conduct LE activities.

ResMP said:
PResMP are typically not trained to Regular Force equivalencies. Some opportunities do exist but as a whole the training is different. Still lots of tremendous opportunities in the Reserve for life experience and training. Typically (with a few exceptions) Res MPs do not conduct LE activities.

Thanks for the reply ResMP. If they don't do much law enforcement stuff, what activities do the ResMP usually do?

samuraai2 said:
what activities do the ResMP usually do?

You may find these discussions of interest,

Reserve MP
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+reserve+MP&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=DjLwVpTCNceC8Qe-qYHQBQ&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:army.ca+%22reserve+MP%22

This is from the Sept 14, 2102 post on the Western Reserve Military Police Thread.: Check it out. Typically -  a field or combat role or a security related role.

In the field MP's are responsible for Detainee Handling, Police Mentoring, Security Related tasks, Close Protection, Vital Point Security.

Hope this helps

ResMP said:
I have been fielding a lot of questions in relation to what type of duties Reserve Miliatry Police typically conduct.

While duties that you could be assigned could be all over the board, here is what you can typically expect:

Once you pass your MPAC and are sworn in we will need to get you qualified. This will be a process in itself. Basic Trg, Driver Trg, and Basic Trade Trg. If things go well, you may be MP Qualified by this time next year. This trg can be fun if you approach it the right way. Typicaly once you are MP Qualified you will take part in a trg cycle which lasts throughout the year. It is during these annual trg cycles that you may be offered full time employment on a contractual basis. Duties that you may be offered could look like this:

1. Tour Overseas
2. Administrative positon with the Coy or the Platoon
3. Position with the Regular Force Field Platoon
4, Operational Tasking (In the past this has included MP support to events that the CF was involved in ie Olympics, Floods, Forest Fires etc)
5. Major training events throughout Western Canada and sometimes in the USA.
6 Our Close Protection Qualified reservists have supported operations across the country as well as abroad.
7. Regular Force MP Trg
9. Training positions with a variety of Training Cadres (We do have some Res MPs assigned to a variety of Battle Schools)
8. Policing Duties (Reservists are occassionaly requested to assist with policing duties under the supervision of the regular force)

While our forces were involved with Combat Operations in Afghanistan our Reservists were deployed domestically in a variety of positions to assist with the draw on man power.

Generally operational duties are security related in nature.

Many Res MPs have decided they like Military life and transfer over to the Regular side. (The Regular Force Military Police certainly offers even more diversity than the reserve side if that is what you are looking for)

We ask that you parade at least once a month. We appreciate that our members have families, jobs, education etc to attend to and we will work with you in order to meet you attendence requirements.

I hope this helps.

Questions to me!

Back