• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anything and everything to make the CF better/bigger...

Geo-

I was merely stating the ideal way of bettering our forces.  It certainly isn't the most practical way in terms of the 'how'- since obviously that money comes from somewhere and must be channeled to specific sectors/branches/etc, but I wasn't looking at it in terms of specifics, rather just a direct answer, which I admit in retrospect is a bit of cop out, since additional spending is pretty much the optimum way of solving all the worlds problems.

Speaking in practical terms, if we are to go with current trends in the military and government, what we're doing right now seems to be the only viable option.  Personally though, I wouldn't mind eliminating what I would consider some of the non-essential systems that are presently in place in Canada which we pay taxes for (welfare chiefly among them), and directing that spending towards the military to give it a bit of a boost.  Not to mention redirecting more of the country's present surplus to pay off our national debt (as opposed to saving it for that rainy day that has yet to come), that way the government can redirect more spending towards the military.  After that it's all about projecting- who are the next viable threats?  What equipment is required to face that threat?  Then base your equipment purchases on those projections.  If the next threat has no Navy, then anti-ship warfare seems unnecessary so focus your spending on Army and Air force, and so on.

Welfare is a provincial responsibility.... Federal money, in theory, has nothing to do with it.
Also, for those who are injured or too old to work .... welfare is the only option

;) seepd up transfer and recruitment.... mouhahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

I should put more emphasis

Recruiting isn't the problem right now.  It's the training system that lacks the capacity to train those being recruited.  We now have far too many folks brought in, run through their BMQ, then parked for months or years until their trades training is available.

We've also lowered the bar.  In the past, the CF was more selective, so for some of the more technical trades the yearly intake would be filled more slowly, getting more apt recruits.  Now, with first in the door getting into those trades failure rates are rising.

And let's not even talk about the fat platoons, where people unable to complete the Express test are parked until they get into shape...

Back