• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aplication

Nick_S

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm hoping some one can help me out, I submitted my application to the CAF on  10JAN17 I got the email requesting I respond to set an initial appointment with CFRC Toronto on 11JAN17. I responded to that email on 19JAN17 in the email it says they will respond with in five business day I am yet to get any type of response, I have tried to call but Toronto's voicemail say they do not monitor it, I sent another email a few days ago and still have nothing. what I'm asking is this normal? has anyone had the same thing happen to them or dealt with CFRC Toronto and what should I do next?
thanks in advance
Nick

I can't recall timings (didn't save the emails regarding the early application process), but I dealt with CFRC Toronto, and they've always been quite prompt and thorough. I wouldn't stress too much about the early process, it'll likely be multiple months or longer before you go from submitting an application to getting a Job Offer, if you're selected.

I'm only a new member here, but I applied to the Forces back in August-2016 and I'll be swearing in on March-2017, and from what I've read that's actually pretty quick.

(I browse this forum like crazy, and if you put in the research you probably wouldn't have even needed to ask)

But best of luck!  [:)
I'd say give it another week and then start asking again, someone might disagree, up to you at the end of the day, but I wouldn't say the "waiting game" is abnormal at all.

What trade will you applying for, might I ask?

Thanks for the help, I have a bunch of friends in the forces but none of them worked with CFRC Toronto and have been in for years and telling them the process now they says its a little different but they did say "hurry up and wait" so. I am going to be in that area next week so might just stop by and ask. I applied for ammo tech, intelligence operator and traffic tech. Before I applied I went into the office and the sarget I spoke with was helpful and said it takes 3-6 months from the day submit your application.
What trade did you get an offer for? was it your first choice?
good luck with bm(o)q

Awesome to hear! If you'll be in the area and have the time, it'd definitely be recommended you go in and ask your questions as I was told they tend to be more helpful in person than on the phone as a person standing in front of you has priority. "Hurry up and wait" sounds about right though, aha

I applied to Biomedical Technician, but was told they would not be hiring Biomedical Technicians for the current year. Therefore I applied for Medical Technician with hopes of specializing in Biomedical, unless I develop other interests :)

CFAT tip: Do lots of test problems, particularly mental math and spatial sense, there's lots of resources online. As for the English portion, I find you either know it or you do not..

CFRC Toronto is quite busy. I started my application back in May 2016 and I'll be swearing in on Feb 16, 2017.

It would take them a little bit to respond to my emails but I eventually would get a response. I did call them once however and everything was sorted out quickly. Try calling them around 3pm on a weekday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karona said:
Awesome to hear! If you'll be in the area and have the time, it'd definitely be recommended you go in and ask your questions as I was told they tend to be more helpful in person than on the phone as a person standing in front of you has priority. "Hurry up and wait" sounds about right though, aha

I applied to Biomedical Technician, but was told they would not be hiring Biomedical Technicians for the current year. Therefore I applied for Medical Technician with hopes of specializing in Biomedical, unless I develop other interests :)

CFAT tip: Do lots of test problems, particularly mental math and spatial sense, there's lots of resources online. As for the English portion, I find you either know it or you do not..

Ya I figured its probably the easy thing to do now that my application is in. I hope that the process doesn't take to long for me as my job is flexible so i can make appointments with them when ever they need me to come in.

Ya biomedical tech is the only jib on the CF site thats says its not hiring right now and I've never seen it listed as hiring. but hopefully you enjoy medical tech if you dont like it try and remuster into biomedical tech, my friend just did that after 6 years in he went from vehicle tech to infantry.

thanks for the tips on the CFAT, I have the one on the site printed out and im using an app called CFAT trainer.

dkwon said:
CFRC Toronto is quite busy. I started my application back in May 2016 and I'll be swearing in on Feb 16, 2017.

It would take them a little bit to respond to my emails but I eventually would get a response. I did call them once however and everything was sorted out quickly. Try calling them around 3pm on a weekday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assumed that CFRC Toronto is one of the busier ones as there seem to be fewer and fewer around. They closed CFRC Mississauga (I live in Mississauga) a few years ago and now my options were Toronto or Hamilton. I'm just concerned as its been almost a month since i got the email.

I will try and call them tomorrow around then and hopefully not get there "unmonitored voice mail"

Back