• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application choices

john72

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I have a question. I recently graduated from a Police Foundations program, after having completed a BA in Criminal Justice, hoping to become a member of the CAF Military Police. I don't have much interest in becoming an officer yet, so my first choice when I apply will be MP (NCM). However, if this trade is full, or I am not what CAF is looking for at the moment, I am aware that I need a backup plan. What I would like to know is if I am able to select MP Officer as one of my other choices. Ex: My first choice would be MP, second choice MPO and third (this doesn't really matter in this question, but I'll toss it in here anyway) infantry soldier. Does anyone have any experience in mixing NCM and Officer trades when applying?

Unfortunately, you can't choose both NCM and Officer as your choices. You must choose to either join the force or dark side.

As an aside/FYI, even if you could have MPO as a backup for MP, it would probably not work in your favour as the ratio of MP to MPO positions this year was almost 11:1.

Historically, there are very few MPO positions each year, and from my brief time at the CFRC, I'd have to say MP is the most applied to trade in this specific region. Any way you can set yourself apart/above the other applicants will only increase your chances.

Best of luck!

Duy said:
Unfortunately, you can't choose both NCM and Officer as your choices. You must choose to either join the force or dark side.

While you cannot online, when you submit your hard copy application you are free to do so, or amend your choices by emailing the CF Virtual Recruiting Centre

Back