• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
jwtg said:
As far as I know, AC Op does not require an Aircrew medical and is not normally considered Aircrew.  For a boring debate over why/why not, visit the 'Air Force Support Trades' threads.

Still, it looks like a great job- very exciting, and very marketable in the civi world!

EDIT: Air Force Support Trades as opposed to Aircrew Trades is the board I meant to mention.

jwtg,

AC Op does require the aircrew medical.  I have gone thru it too.  You require a Air factor 4 rating to be an AC Op.

Refer to the following links for All MOC ratings and what each means:

http://www.forces.gc.ca/health-sante/pd/cfp-pfc-154/AN-E-eng.asp
http://www.forces.gc.ca/health-sante/pd/cfp-pfc-154/CH-3-eng.asp

Donovanpayne said:
Update!

Recruiting Center: Calgary
Regular/Reserves: Regular
NCM/Officer: NCM
Trade Choice 1: ACISS (Signal Operator)
Trade Choice 2: Weapons Technician - Land
Trade Choice 3: Aerospace Control Operator
Application Date: Late December 2010
First Contact: Early January 2011
CFAT: January 13, 2011
Medical: January 13, 2011
Interview: January 13, 2011
Merit Listed: My file manager told me I was merit listed on the 28th. So either January or February (he didn't specify).
Job offered: Aerospace Control Operator
Swearing in: August 17, 2011
BMQ: August 29, 2011

Even though it was my third choice I'm still incredibly happy with it. I wasn't merit listed for it either which I found odd. I asked my file manager if I would need to do an air crew medical but he wasn't sure and said it seemed that they just pushed me through into getting it.

Anyways, yay!

Congratulations! your patience has availed, best of luck on your trade and career!

Sleath said:
Congratulations! your patience has availed, best of luck on your trade and career!

Thank you Sleath! And another thank you for all those who cleared up the air crew medical subject. I'm left a little curious now as to why they offered me the job before I had completed it. I'll have to see what's going on Monday. If I do have to do it, hopefully it won't be a problem or impede entry into the CF.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Edmonton, AB
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Signal Operator
Trade Choice 2: Armoured
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: December 9th, 2010
First Contact: March 1st, 2011
Aptitude Completed: March 8th, 2011
Medical Completed: March 14th, 2011
Interview Completed: March 14th, 2011
Medical Approved: March 14th, 2011
Security Check Completed: March 2011
Merit Listed: April 2011
Position Offered: Armoured
Swearing In: August 18th, 2011
Basic Training Begins: August 29th, 2011

:)

Ruthie said:
Recruiting Center: CFRC Edmonton, AB
Trade Choice 1: Signal Operator
Trade Choice 2: Armoured
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: December 9th, 2010
First Contact: March 1st, 2011
Aptitude Completed: March 8th, 2011
Medical Completed: March 14th, 2011
Interview Completed: March 14th, 2011
Medical Approved: March 14th, 2011
Security Check Completed: March 2011
Merit Listed: April 2011
Position Offered: Armoured
Swearing In: August 18th, 2011
Basic Training Begins: August 29th, 2011

:)
Congrats! :)

Recruting Center: CFRC Mississauga
Trade Choice 1: Vehicle Technician
Trade Choice 2: Weapons Technician
Trade Choice 3: Construction Technician
Application Date: February 2010
First Contact: March 2010
Aptitude completed : June 2010
Medical Completed: June 2010
Interview completed: June 2010
Medical Approved: Yes
Security check completed : Yes
Merit Listed: June 2010
Position Offered: April 27 2011- Vehicle Tech
Basic Training Begins: May 23 2011

Congratulations Ruthie on your call for BMQ on August 29th!

It is going to be a great experience for all!

8)

Stacked said:
Have you actually tried calling and asking why you were not able to write your CFAT? I've seen you mention this more then once but I haven't heard a reason why...

Maybe you should do that. :/

It was apparently due to the "scoring system"

And Ruthie's post is another example. They made it all the way through the process for Armoured in 5 months, 1/2 time i have been waiting for it (3rd choice).

mwc said:
It was apparently due to the "scoring system"

And Ruthie's post is another example. They made it all the way through the process for Armoured in 5 months, 1/2 time i have been waiting for it (3rd choice).

I don't mean to be rude but this type of comment seems to come up everywhere I look. I was of the understanding that waiting time is based on your merit is it not? Which means it does not matter how long you have been waiting if someone has a better merit score they will get the call before you regardless of how long you have been waiting. I'm I not correct?

Probert said:
I don't mean to be rude but this type of comment seems to come up everywhere I look. I was of the understanding that waiting time is based on your merit is it not? Which means it does not matter how long you have been waiting if someone has a better merit score they will get the call before you regardless of how long you have been waiting. I'm I not correct?

Yes I believe you are correct. It have read it can depend on which CFRC you go through depending on their volume? But, how could they determine who has a better score when I haven't even had the opportunity to write the CFAT, be interviewed etc.

Crank said:
Recruting Center: CFRC Vancouver
Trade Choice 1: Veh Tech
Trade Choice 2: AES OP
Trade Choice 3: x
Application Date: Jan 2011
First Contact: March 9, 2011
Aptitude completed : March 15, 2011
Medical Completed: March 22, 2011
Interview completed: April 19, 2011
Medical Approved: Yes
Security check completed : x
Merit Listed: x
Position Offered: May 9th,2011
Basic Training Begins: May 23, 2011

Updated, some one dropped out and I was told my score was the highest that I was next in line so off I go.
Good luck to everyone else your calls will come soon.

WonderGirl said:
Yes, Ac op is aircrew.  You do need the aircrew medical. I applied for AC OP and had to do the 10 hour fasting/blood/urine/cholestorel tests, the cardiac heart stuff, the eye doctor forms and go to my family doctor for more forms filled out.  All i need now is my interview!  hurrying up to wait some more

Thank you everyone for the replies.

I just booked my aircrew medical yesterday for this Thursday at 10 a.m. My file manager wasn't able to give me any information about what I'd have to do/prepare for it but judging by WonderGirl's post I'll assume that I'll have to do a 10 hour fasting before I go for my medical. Are they able to do the blood/urine/cholesterol work at the centre or will they refer me to go to another place? Or does it vary from centre to centre? Also, they did an eye exam on me in my initial medical, is there another they have to do?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions, just seeking some clarification so I'm prepared Thursday :)

Donovanpayne said:
Thank you everyone for the replies.

I just booked my aircrew medical yesterday for this Thursday at 10 a.m. My file manager wasn't able to give me any information about what I'd have to do/prepare for it but judging by WonderGirl's post I'll assume that I'll have to do a 10 hour fasting before I go for my medical. Are they able to do the blood/urine/cholesterol work at the centre or will they refer me to go to another place? Or does it vary from centre to centre? Also, they did an eye exam on me in my initial medical, is there another they have to do?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions, just seeking some clarification so I'm prepared Thursday :)

I don't know which RC you're at or what the local facilities/procedures are, all I know is what happened when I did my OWN aircrew medical.

I went to the RC and was given forms to get filled out by doctors- a vision test (far more extensive than the simple chart test you did for your enrolment medical- including intraocular pressure, some crazy drops that made it hard to drive and impossible to focus, and a few other fun/interesting eye tests) that may or may not be the same for AC OP and ACSO (my medical was for ACSO...), ECG, urine sample and blood test which required fasting (10 or 12 hours, not sure.  They had to test for lipids/cholesterol/all kinds of other things).

I brought all those forms to a lab and an eye doctor (which I paid for up front and was reimbursed) and once the forms were all completed (takes a few weeks to get lab results back) I brought them back to the RC and he sent them on to wherever they go.

You'll want to find it if you're actually having the lab work done when you go to the RC, or if they're giving you forms to bring to a lab because fasting for nothing is not fun!  Also fasting can lead to fatigue which can make it more difficult for you to pass the eye exam- the eye doctor told me that if I bombed because of fatigue he'd note it and be willing to retest me, provided the CF agreed because I was fasting that day for the blood work.

Don't drive yourself to the eye test- I almost died like 5 times driving myself home.  No one warned me that I'd be blind as a bat when I left that place.

Good luck with everything!

Well, it's all out of our hands now...interview and medical done.  Interviews went exceptionally well for both of us!  I was told there are still a few infantry spots available and I was found "both suitable for employment and very competitive", so I'm happy with that.  Just have to get the doctor to sign off on a form, but of course he's on vacation until next week.  It's going to be a long week! :D

astecki said:
The top is for myself...

Recruiting Center: Toronto, ON
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: x
Application Date: 04 April 2011
First Contact: 04 April 2011
Aptitude completed : 12 April 2011
Medical Completed: 07 May 2011
Interview completed: 10 May 2011
Medical Approved: Pending
Security check completed : Pending
Merit Listed: Pending
Position Offered: Pending
Basic Training Begins: Pending

And for my wife...

Recruiting Center: Toronto, ON
Trade Choice 1: RMS Clerk
Trade Choice 2: x
Application Date: 04 April 2011
First Contact: 04 April 2011
Aptitude completed : 12 April 2011
Medical Completed: 07 May 2011
Interview completed: 10 May 2011

Here's hoping!

*UPDATE*

Recruiting Center: Montreal, Qc
Trade Choice 1: Aviation Systems Tech
Trade Choice 2: Avionics Systems Tech
Trade Choice 3: Aircraft Structure Tech
Application Date: April 1st, 2011
First Contact: May 10th, 2011
Aptitude completed : scheduled for May 13th, 2011
Medical Completed: Pending
Interview completed: Pending

I know it's just the beginning of the waiting period compared to most, but it feels good to get my CFAT scheduled and get things started.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Vancouver
Reg/Res: Regular
Trade 1: Combat Engineer
Trade 2: Armored Soldier
Trade 3: Artillery soldier
Application Date: March 23 2011
First Contact: April 26 2011
Aptitude Test Completed: May 3 2011
Medical Completed: Scheduled for May 12 2011
Interview Completed: Pending
Security Check Completed: pending
Position Offered: N/A
Basic Training Begins: N/A

ayo23 said:
Recruiting Center: Toronto
Regular/Reserves: Regular
NCM/Officer: NCM
Original Trade Choice 1: Signal Operator
Original Trade Choice 2: LCIS Tech
Updated Trade Choice 1: EO Tech (Added December 2010)
Updated Trade Choice 2: LCIS Tech
Application Date: November 2009
First Contact: December 2009
CFAT: January 11, 2010 (Completed)
Interview: January 19, 2010 (Completed)
Medical: January 22, 2010 (Completed)
Updated Interview: March 24, 2011 (Completed)
Merit Listed: Yes, early April I guess
Job offered: May 12, 2011
Swearing in: Pending
BMQ Begins: Aug 1, 2011

Updated.
Position offered: ACISS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back