• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying not to be jealous  :-X

Haha, are there more selections in Jan/Feb?

Will have to wait for January to roll around and see what openings are available after the holiday break. I am sure there will still be openings for AVS Tech as they are in high demand.
Will Depend on your occupation choices and openings in those choices

Update!

I just got off the phone with CFRC and accepted an offer as Medical Technician!! What an awesome early Christmas present as I wasn't expected to be called until at least April 2014.

Recruiting Center: New Westminster 
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Medical Technician
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: June 19,2013
First Contact: June 20, 2013
CFAT : July 16, 2013
Medical : August 13, 2013 - Cleared
Interview: October 17, 2013
Position Offered:December 2, 2013
Basic Training: January 27, 2014

Congrats to those recently receiving offers and good luck at basic!! Also, good luck to those waiting for the next step in the application process!

Wooo! Bunch of folks getting in, congratulations to all of you!

I've gotten word that my references have been contacted. I assume this is good news? Would they be contacting my references if my medical hadn't cleared? Or does that matter?

I'm gonna call someone in the morning to see what's what, but I thought I'd ask here.

Jack709 said:
Wooo! Bunch of folks getting in, congratulations to all of you!

I've gotten word that my references have been contacted. I assume this is good news? Would they be contacting my references if my medical hadn't cleared? Or does that matter?

I'm gonna call someone in the morning to see what's what, but I thought I'd ask here.

Wooo! Bunch of folks getting in, congratulations to all of you! Thank you, just got my call today

I've gotten word that my references have been contacted. I assume this is good news? Would they be contacting my references if my medical hadn't cleared? Or does that matter? - One would assume that it is a good thing, mine were not contacted at all.

Congratulations everybody!!

I can't wait for my call to book Medical and Interview. Hopefully before Christmas! Doubtful though...

CFRC Victoria
Regular NCM
Trade choice 1: Cbt Engr
Trade choice 2: Infmn
CFVRC Application: November 15th
First Contact: November 20th
CFAT:November 26th (passed and eligible)
Med:n\a
Interview:n\a
the rest: n\a yet

:cdn:

CbtDvr13 said:
Congratulations everybody!!

I can't wait for my call to book Medical and Interview. Hopefully before Christmas! Doubtful though...

Don't they do the background check prior to booking the medical/interview. That could forever especially with Christmas break coming up soon. I've been waiting for 6 weeks since my CFAT just for something to happen, and someone to call me.

KerryBlue said:
Don't they do the background check prior to booking the medical/interview. That could forever especially with Christmas break coming up soon. I've been waiting for 6 weeks since my CFAT just for something to happen, and someone to call me.

In my case they did the background check before. But my results came in after. Like everything in the application process. It is all circumstantial.

KerryBlue said:

Could very well be. One can hope.

KerryBlue said:

Some are getting held up after CFAT because of the selections that just took place. If your occupation choices are still open then they will continue with interviews and medicals. If they are closed they will postpone until there are more openings (usually next fiscal year).

That said they just did run selections. Therefore CFRC's are now extremely busy prepping offers etc. So that could be the culprit as well for the wait time. Get used to it. Hurry up and wait you will here and do a lot.

mrjasonc said:
Some are getting held up after CFAT because of the selections that just took place. If your occupation choices are still open then they will continue with interviews and medicals. If they are closed they will postpone until there are more openings (usually next fiscal year).

That said they just did run selections. Therefore CFRC's are now extremely busy prepping offers etc. So that could be the culprit as well for the wait time. Get used to it. Hurry up and wait you will hear and do a lot.

mrjasonc said:

That said they just did run selections. Therefore CFRC's are now extremely busy prepping offers etc. So that could be the culprit as well for the wait time. Get used to it. Hurry up and wait you will here and do a lot.
I realize the CFRC is probably busy with handing out selections, the only reason I'm a little irritated is that they continue to make statements that are either false or half truths. Like saying it will be 2 weeks and I'll have a medical and such booked. Then when I go in and try to book it, I'm told a month no longer, and here we are going on 7 weeks and no one will return my phone calls, or emails. If i want info I have to go and physically see them just to be told, oh nothing has happened yet. 

KerryBlue said:
I realize the CFRC is probably busy with handing out selections, the only reason I'm a little irritated is that they continue to make statements that are either false or half truths. Like saying it will be 2 weeks and I'll have a medical and such booked. Then when I go in and try to book it, I'm told a month no longer, and here we are going on 7 weeks and no one will return my phone calls, or emails. If i want info I have to go and physically see them just to be told, oh nothing has happened yet.

It is irritating. However that said ..... To get our calls. We all had to go through it. Just wait and see if you get a "hiccup" in your file that needs to be approved. Either on your medical, criminal or credit checks. The best you can do is move forward with your current life. When they want you they will call you. The process revolves around them. Not you. It gets frustrating and irritating I know. I was there too amongst all of us. Hang in there. Try to stay a step ahead to ease the process wait times.

It is rewarding when all said and done.

Just wait and see is, all I can say. I waited close to 16 months start to finish, had PLARS,transferring of my file from one RC to another (which can sometimes take a few months), medical reviews,.et cetera.

Absolutely guys, didn't mean to sound like a whiner. I'm just slightly frustrated by some of the hiccups and its nice to have a place like this to come and vent, and see all the success stories lately is giving me hope for a spring BMQ date

KerryBlue said:
Absolutely guys, didn't mean to sound like a whiner. I'm just slightly frustrated by some of the hiccups and its nice to have a place like this to come and vent, and see all the success stories lately is giving me hope for a spring BMQ date

The words a wiseman once said:

"Do up your chin strap, keep your head up, and for god sakes stay out of the trolley tracks!"

"If you get knocked down. Get up, GET UP! Keep moving, get off the ice and let fresh legs out"

Both quotes - Don Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back